Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

Whether you were injured due to a careless driver, employer or anyone else, we can help you claim compensation.

How we can help

We have helped hundreds of people in Rochdale, Greater Manchester and throughout the UK claim compensation for:

Will I be able to make a claim?

You should be able to claim financial compensation for your injury if the accident (or 'date of knowledge') happened:

  • within the last three years, and;
  • another person was at least partly to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other considerations?

Yes. In reality, there are several factors that can have a bearing on whether a successful compensation claim will be possible, such as the circumstances of your accident or where the injury occurred.

If you would like to find out if you have a claim, speak to us now on 0800 376 1001. You can also find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Road accident claims in Rochdale

You are entitled to start a claim for compensation if you suffered an injury on Rochdale's roads because of the negligence of another road user.

It does not matter if you sustained an injury in a motorcycle accident on Rochdale's roads, or were hurt in a crash at a junction, our team are here. Quittance's road accident compensation claim guide sets out everything you need to know about the compensation process.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Rochdale

If you have sustained an injury because of your employer's actions or negligence, you should be legally entitled to make a claim.

Whatever you do for a living, whether you had a crash or have been exposed to toxic chemicals, our work accident claim guide explains your rights and to make a successful compensation claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Injuries in a public place

Government statistics emphasise the fact that slips and trips are still the most common accident in the Greater Manchester workplace. Slips and trips are sometimes lead to accidents recorded in another category for instance being hit by hand tools in use or a lake drowning accident. Public liability legal claims for injuries such as facial scarring happening on potholes are also common with pothole trips having occurred on Yorkshire St and on Milkstone Rd.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Injury solicitors can help with securing compensation for a multitude of industrial illnesses ranging from radiation exposure to toluene exposure.

Read more about No win, no fee industrial disease claim

Industrial disease claims

More injury claim types

The lasting effect serious and catastrophic injury can have will be understood by solicitors and insurers when they are working out what a claim is worth. By reducing the financial stress a serious or catastrophic injury places on a claimant, a claim allows individuals to concentrate on recovery and rehabilitation. The panel of specialist lawyers work with insurance providers and Courts to make sure claimants impacted by serious accidents receive medical and financial support. Injury and illness considered to be serious include paralysis and chemical burns.

Read more about No win, no fee catastrophic injury claims

Other types of claim

Rochdale No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Rochdale injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Rochdale, Greater Manchester and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

The Quittance Team

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

What experience does Quittance have of injury claims in Rochdale?

Quittance Legal Services (QLS) is a national panel of award winning personal injury lawyers dedicated to helping claimants in Rochdale, Greater Manchester and across the country, obtain compensation.

We have helped hundreds of claimants throughout Greater Manchester seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, including car accidents and accidents at work.

With a 90% success rate, we offer a service that is as convenient and stress-free as possible. Medical centres in every town in the UK, home visits (if required) and experienced claims specialists, means you can focus on getting back to where you were before your injury.

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This means you will never be out of pocket.

What should you look for when checking reviews for solicitors in Rochdale?

Solicitors have a wide range of approaches to handling cases and clients, from strictly professional to more casual and friendly. Before picking up the phone, looking up personal injury solicitor reviews should give you a clear understanding of the difference between service levels offered by firms.

Do I need to go with a local legal firm?

The location of a law firm is not particularly relevant as cases now tend to be run by phone, post and email.

However, you should choose a firm with medical facilities near Rochdale as claimants will need to go to a medical exam.

More on : Do Quittance offer medical home visits?

The difference in the level of success fees charged by firms working on Conditional Fee Agreements is huge.

For instance the amount retained by a successful claimant agreeing on a settlement of £9,411 for a fractured femur could vary from £5,646 to £7,999.

Further reading - How to compare personal injury fees

What are the road accident statistics in Rochdale

Quittance's panel of professional road traffic accident lawyers have vast experience in fighting for the highest compensation for claimants hurt in a road accident in Rochdale.

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Rochdale are relatively commonplace. Statistics from accidents reported to the police show a total of 392 accidents (350 slight accidents, 40 serious accidents and 2 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Rochdale council area. In 2014 accidents increased to 478. Incidents in the Rochdale area in 2013 included traffic collisions on the dual carriageway of the A58 and A664 crossroads and on the single carriageway of the A6060 and A58 crossroads.

What are the Rochdale work accident statistics?

The latest 2019 accident data for the Rochdale Local Authority (2013/14) are compiled under RIDDOR by the Government excerpted below:

Work accidents in Rochdale Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Electric shock0
Machinery related injury10
Explosion related (e.g. gas)0
Exposed to fire1
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. dioxins)1
Fall from height16
Animal related1
Manual handling76
Physical assault13
Slip, trip or fall96
Struck against6
Struck by moving vehicle7
Hit by object43
Trapped by something collapsing4

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor