Quittance ("we" or "us" or "our") takes your privacy and confidentiality very seriously. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, and we promise never to release or disclose your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
This policy (in concert with our terms and conditions) sets out how we handle information about people who visit our website and provide us with information about a potential personal injury claim.
Before providing us with any of your details please read the following information which concerns the protection of your personal data. If you do not want your personal data to be used in the ways set out here please do not use the website or submit personal data to us through it.
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable consumer legislation, and we treat all your personal information as fully confidential. By visiting our website and submitting information to us, you consent to our using your information in accordance with this policy.
Information we may collect from you
You may give us information about you when:
- speaking with our call centre advisers or other members of staff;
- corresponding with us via letter, fax or email;
- completing a form on our site
In processing your claim we may collect the following information:
- your name and contact details including your address, email address and phone number
- personal identifying information including your date of birth and photographs (which may be required as a process of verifying your identification or providing photographic evidence to support your claim)
- any information relevant to your claim such as information about your health, the accident, illness or injury and any relevant insurance and financial details
If we need to communicate with you about a third party
Personal injury claims are often carried out on behalf of another party such as a child, an elderly or deceased relative, or a non-English speaker. We will always try to obtain consent from the third party before processing any personal information. However in the event that this is not possible we will always ask you to confirm that the third party has given their consent to the processing of any personal information. This process will be recorded.
In order to enhance the experience of visitors to our website we may collect certain technical information including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your browser type/version, your time zone setting, browser plugins and your computer operating system and platform.
If you have provided consent to your appointed solicitor, we may receive information from the following:
- our panel solicitor firms dealing with or relating to your claim
- any other firms, persons, or corporate entities dealing with your claim, including insurance providers, medical practitioners, and costs draftsmen
- third parties who may help us to process your enquiries
What your information is used for
Provided you have given the necessary consent to Quittance, your information will be used to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- notify you about changes to our services
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
We may pass on your information to one of our panel of solicitor practices to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This will enable the solicitor to work on your claim providing that you have given the solicitor consent to access the data provided to us.
In order to maintain the quality of service required of our solicitor panel members, both we and the panel solicitor will continue to exchange information about you in order to provide updates regarding your claim. This information could include:
- the outcome of your case
- the length of time taken to complete the case
- the amount of compensation awarded
Provided you have given the necessary consent, we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- our panel solicitor firms who deal with your claim, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal information in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. Under these circumstances Quittance may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
How your information is stored
All data you provide to us through the website is stored in the UK.
We will keep your information for a period of 6 years. After this period we will take reasonable steps to remove your information from our records. In certain cases it may be reasonably necessary to retain some information for a longer period.
The transmission of any information across the internet is unfortunately not completely secure. We are unable to guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via the internet to the website and therefore although we will comply with all applicable regulations any transmission is at your risk. We will use appropriate procedures and security features to guard against unauthorised access once we have received your personal data and other information.Back to top
Your rights under the Data Protection Act
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. To exercise this right contact our Customer Communications Team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Act gives you the right to access details of the personal data held about you which can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Although we are legally entitled to make a nominal charge of £10 to provide you with your information, we do not believe that it is appropriate to charge you for a copy of your own personal data.Back to top
Processing of personal data
Quittance will only collect, process or use your personal data upon express consent, which may be granted electronically. Your consent may be withdrawn at any time with effect for the future. Should you transmit to us personal data (such as name, address or email address) for the purposes of your application for employment with Quittance or in order to receive information on the products offered by Quittance, you consent to Quittance's use of such data for the applicable purpose.
Your personal data will in each case be stored until the purpose for which they were entrusted to us has been attained. If you no longer agree with the storage of your data before that time or if such data has become incorrect, they will be deleted or, as the case may be, corrected, according to your instruction.
The data will principally be stored by Quittance.
Quittance may share the data you provide for the purposes of requesting a quote with a solicitor or surveyor member of our group in order to service your request.
If you have questions relating to the processing of your personal data on this website please contact us.Back to top
Automatically collected information and its anonymity
In general, you can access the Quittance websites without providing personal information. Your visit to the Quittance website will be logged, which will include the collection of the following data only:
- The page from which our website was accessed
- The pages accessed
- Date and time of the access
- The data volume transferred
- A notice whether the access was successful
- The operating system used
- The Internet browser used
- The stored information will only be used to determine which pages are of particular interest for you in order to improve our service to you
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by us about you. You also have the right to access your data, to request changes to any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, by means of a request in writing to: