Were you injured in an accident that was not your fault?

If you have been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

How we can help you

We have helped hundreds of people in Harrow, London and throughout the UK get compensation for:

Do I qualify for personal injury compensation?

The main criteria for making a claim are that the injury must have occurred:

  • within the last three years (except in the case of children), and;
  • another person was negligent or at fault, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any exceptions?

Yes. In reality, there are several factors that can have a bearing on whether a successful no win, no fee claim will be possible, including the circumstances of your accident, whether the claim is considered to be low-quantum or whether your claim meets your chosen solicitor's risk assessment criteria.

A short phone call will tell you exactly where you stand. You will be under no obligation to start a claim with Quittance. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Harrow road accident claims

If you sustained an injury on Harrow's roads due to a careless driver, you can start a claim for compensation.

Whether you have suffered an injury riding a cycle on Harrow's roads, or have been hurt in a crash at a junction, we can help. This guide to road accident claims explains everything you need to know about the compensation process.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Harrow

If you have suffered an injury because of your employer's negligence, you should be legally entitled to make a claim.

No matter what your employment status, whether you a site foreman hurt on site or a paramedic injured in the line of duty, our work injury claim guide covers everything you need to know about making a successful claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Public place accidents

Officially recorded figures expose the fact that employee slips and trips are the most frequent cause of accidents leading to injury in the North West London workplace. Slips and trips are frequently the cause of accidents attributed to other causes e.g. being hit by machinery or a fire related (burn) accident. Public place (Brent local authority) cases for injuries like broken wrists sustained on poorly maintained paths are also quite prevalent with street falls having happened on Windermere Avenue and on Kenton Rd.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Injury solicitors can assist with claiming maximum compensation for industrial illness including anything from respiratory diseases to farmers lung.

Read more about Industrial disease compensation

Industrial disease claims

More claim types

The Courts understand that serious injuries have a life-altering effect on a claimant and their family.

Compensation should lessen the financial load and take the pressure off a claimant and their dependants enabling them to prioritise rehabilitation.

Quittance's panel of specialist law firms work with insurance providers, the defendant's representatives and doctors and health professionals, helping to ensure people affected by severe accidents get medical and financial support. Injuries held to be serious and catastrophic include concussion and serious psychiatric harm.

Read more about Serious injury compensation

Other types of claim

Harrow No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Harrow injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Harrow, London and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Why Quittance?

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

What is your track record of claims in Harrow?

We are a UK-wide network of specialist personal injury solicitors that assists people in Harrow, London and throughout the country, obtain compensation.

In the last 12 months, we helped hundreds of claimants across London seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, including industrial disease and car accidents.

Local medical appointments, home visits (where necessary) and a team of experts only a phone call away, mean that making an injury claim is as stress-free as possible.

Does Quittance offer 100% No Win, No Fee

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. This means that there is no financial risk in making a claim.

Read Harrow solicitor reviews

Service standards offered by lawyers, as with any professional service, can vary.

Online reviews can certainly be a good place to start when attempting to decide which solicitor to select.

Read more Personal injury solicitor reviews

Do you need a local Harrow injury lawyer?

The whereabouts of the lawyers office is not especially critical as injury cases are normally handled by phone and email.

It is however necessary to select a law firm that has national medical centres as you will have to attend a medical assessment.

More on - Do you have a local medical centre?

What are the road accident statistics in Harrow

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Harrow are relatively commonplace. Police reporters reveal that there were 3 fatal accidents, 81 serious accidents and 873 slight accidents in 2013 in Brent (Total events were 957 local authority district. In 2014 the total had increased to 1,067. Incidents in the Harrow region in 2013 included crashes on the single carriageway of the A404 and A4088 junction and on the single carriageway of the A404 and B457 crossroads.

Quittance's panel of solicitors are experienced in getting the best compensation for people injured in a car or motorcycle crash in Harrow.

Work accident statistics in Harrow

The most recent 2019 accident at work statistics for the Brent Local Authority (2013/14) collated under RIDDOR legislation by the HSE as follows:

Work accidents in Brent Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Not Known31
Electricity related1
Machinery related injury14
Fire related0
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. soil contamination)1
Fall from height26
Injured by an animal2
Lifting and handling injuries68
Physical assault26
Slip or trip63
Struck against8
Hit by vehicle10
Struck by object31
Crushed by something collapsing2

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor