Were you injured in an accident that was not your fault?

We can help you to claim compensation for any pain, suffering and financial losses.

Our personal injury services

Every year, we help hundreds of people in Ipswich, Suffolk and across the UK claim compensation for:

Am I entitled to make a claim?

If you were injured in an accident that was not your fault, the law entitles you to claim financial compensation. To make a successful claim, your injury must have happened:

  • within the last three years, and;
  • another person was at least partly to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other considerations?

Yes. There are several other factors that can affect whether a successful claim will be possible, such as the circumstances of your injury or the quantum of the claim.

A brief phone call will let you know whether you are eligible to make a claim. There is no obligation to start a claim with Quittance. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Road accident claims in Ipswich

You have the right to claim compensation if you were injured in an accident on Ipswich's roads because of the actions of another road user.

It does not matter whether you were injured in a motorcycle accident on Ipswich's roads, or were hurt in a car accident, our team are here. Quittance's expert guide sets out how to start a road accident compensation claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Ipswich

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim financial compensation for your injuries and any losses or expenses.

Whatever the circumstances of your injury, whether you are a carpenter injured on a building site or a cleaner hurt in an office, our work accident claim guide explains your legal rights and how you can make a successful no win no fee claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Public place accidents

Officially reported statistics demonstrate that slips, trips and falls are, by a considerable degree, the most frequent cause of injury in the Suffolk workplace in 2015. Slips, trips and falls are typically related to injuries attributed to other causes for instance being hit by tools in use or a fire related accident. Public place litigation for injuries such as fractured vertebrae occurring on obstructed pathways are also quite common with recent kerb stone trips having occurred on Tavern Street and on Carr St.

Public place accident claims

Medical negligence

Clinical negligence is the term for when a patient suffers injury or illness as the result of the carelessness of a doctor or other health worker. Our specialist panel of injury lawyers can help you make a claim against the hospital or clinic responsible for the injury.

You could follow the NHS complaints procedure if you are just looking for closure rather than financial compensation. For example, you can write to Heath Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, to make a formal complaint against Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust.

See: Clinical negligence compensation

Medical negligence claims

More claim types

The long-term impact serious and catastrophic injury can have will be acknowledged by insurers and the Courts when determining compensation.

A claim should ease the financial burden on an injured person and their family enabling them to prioritise recovery.

See: Catastrophic injury compensation

Other types of claim

Ipswich No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Ipswich injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Ipswich, Suffolk and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Why choose us for your claim?

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

What experience do your solicitors have of claims in Ipswich?

We are a national network of expert personal injury solicitors that assists people in Ipswich, Suffolk and throughout the country, get compensated for their injuries.

We have helped hundreds of claimants throughout Suffolk get compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, from scaffolding accidents to whiplash.

Local medical centres, home visits (where necessary) and expert advice, mean that making an injury claim is as stress-free as possible.

Does Quittance offer 100% No Win, No Fee

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. Your solicitor fights your case for you, and only gets paid a success fee if they win your case.

Ipswich solicitor reviews

The quality of legal advice offered by injury lawyers, as with any service, can differ considerably.

Reviews can certainly help build a picture when considering which lawyer to work with.

Read Personal injury lawyer reviews

Do I need to go with a local Ipswich legal firm?

The location of a law firm is less relevant as cases are usually managed by phone, post and email.

It is however necessary to select a firm with national medical coverage as you will be expected to go to a medical exam.

Read about : What is the process for attending a medical?

What are the road accident statistics in Ipswich

Our network of certified personal injury lawyers are experienced in getting the best awards for claimants who have sustained an injury in a car or motorcycle crash in Ipswich.

Road traffic accidents involving vehicles in Ipswich are quite common. Statistics from accidents reported to the police show 25 fatal accidents, 266 serious accidents and 1923 slight accidents in 2013 in Suffolk (Total events were 2214 council area. In 2014 total accidents had increased to 2,349. Incidents in the Ipswich area in 2013 included road traffic collisions on the dual carriageway of the A1022 and A1156 junction and on the single carriageway of the A1214 and A1071 crossroads.

What are the Ipswich work accident statistics?

The most up to date 2019 work injury statistics in the Ipswich Local Authority (2013/14) are published in accordance with RIDDOR legislation by the Health and Saftey Executive in the table below:

Workplace accidents in Ipswich Local Authority (HSE)Reported Injuries
Not Reported40
Electric shock injury0
Machinery related3
Explosion related0
Exposed to fire0
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. chemical and bacterial poisoning)0
Fall from height9
Animal related (e.g. dog bites)0
Lifting and handling injuries41
Physical attack11
Slip, trip or fall30
Struck against4
Struck by moving vehicle7
Struck by object13
Trapped by something collapsing0

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor