90% claims success rate*

In November we helped 468 people in Hertford and Hertfordshire get the compensation they need.

Our personal injury solicitors can help you make a No Win, No Fee claim. Speak to us now with no obligation.

*Based on solicitor data 24th May 2017

90% success rate, 100% No Win, No Fee

Hertford Personal Injury Solicitors No Win No Fee

Howard Willis

Panel Solicitor

Updated: Thursday, 4th August 2016

No matter whether you live in Hertford or anywhere else in the UK, our expert lawyers can manage your claim and we will set up a medical report at a local medical centre.

Making a claim

Claims for personal injury compensation must be made within a three-year window in the majority of cases.

Claimants with certain illnesses or conditions such as mesothelioma may still be eligible for compensation even if the condition developed as the result of events that happened years ago. The date that you learn of your diagnosis is what is important in these situations.

In order to win a Hertford personal injury case, your solicitor must prove:

  • The Defendant owed you a duty of care
  • The Defendant breached that duty
  • Your injury or illness was caused by that breach

In all cases, a short, free call with an expert solicitor can give answers and invaluable guidance.

Guidance for injured people seeking a personal injury solicitor

Instructing the best solicitor for your legal case is a crucial step towards negotiating the best compensation award for your illness or injuries.

With some over 100 offices within 25 miles of Hertford (according to the 2015 SRA database) - what is the best way to make certain you instruct the best legal practice for your needs?

The contrast in the amount of fees between different lawyers working on CFAs (Conditional Fee Agreement) is a material consideration for Claimants.

For example the amount retained by an injured person agreeing on a settlement of £8,379 for moderate shoulder injuries could vary from £5,027 to £7,122.

Additional reading Get a quote

Will I need to choose a local Hertford injury lawyer ?

The location of a law firm is not so critical as injury cases can be conducted by phone and email.

It is however necessary to select a solicitors practice that offers national medical centres as Claimants will need to attend a medical examination.

See : Do you have a medical centre in or near Hertford?

Hertford personal injury solicitor reviews

The levels of service provided by injury lawyers, as with any professional service, can vary significantly.

Reading reviews is a great place to start if you are trying to decide which solicitor to pick and which considerations are most important to you.

Read more Solicitor reviews

Which claims does Quittance conduct in Hertford?

Our panel of lawyers assist clients receive compensation for a range of injuries.

Road traffic accidents in Hertford

Quittances network of accredited road traffic accident injury solicitors have a wealth of experience in fighting for maximum general and special damages for people who have been hurt in a car accident in Hertford.

Road accidents involving cars, mororbikes and all other vehicles in Hertford are relatively frequent. Police repoetrs reveal that there were a total of 3139 accidents (2754 slight accidents, 358 serious accidents and 27 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Hertfordshire local authority. In 2014 accidents increased to 3,690. Incidents in the Hertford area in 2013 included road traffic collisions on the dual carriageway of the A414 and B1197 roundabout and on the dual carriageway of the A119 and A414 roundabout.

Serious injury experts handling cases in Hertford

Quittance's team understand the critical difference an injury claim can make to the lives of seriously injured Claimants. Our panel of lawyers work to achieve compensation for serious injuries, including compensation for the cost of treatment and physiotherapy. Our network of lawyers have for many years helped people affected by major accidents. Injuries and illnesses which are held to be serious range from serious psychiatric harm to mesothelioma.

Industrial disease

Personal injury lawyers can help with securing compensation for a multitude of industrial illnesses ranging from asbestos related illness to MEK poisoning.

Medical negligence in Hertford

Clinical negligence, formerly known as medical negligence, is the term for when an injury or illness is associated with a failing by a healthcare professional. A typical example might be a pressure sore compensation claim. Our experienced panel of lawyers acting for Hertfordshire and Hertford have handled clinical negligence claims brought against infirmaries and hospitals including Hertford County Hospital, North Road, Hertford, SG14 1LP.

Slips and trips

Officially recorded figures emphasise the fact that slips and trips are by some margin the most common accident at work in Hertfordshire and the UK in 2014/15. Slips and trips are often the precursor to accidents incorrectly attributed to other causes for instance being struck by a falling object or an asphyxiation accident. Public liability negligence claims injuries like broken wrists experienced on raised kerb stones are also quite common with recent slips and trips having happened on Fore Street and on Bengeo Street.

Accidents at work

Quittance has assisted Claimants, from members of the army to homeless workers, to claim maximum compensation for their injuries. Accident information in the East Hertfordshire local authority are detailed in accordance with reporting legislation by the Health and Safety Executive excerpted below:

Work accidents in East Hertfordshire Local Authority (RIDAGGR)2011/122012/132013/14
Machinery related332
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. chromium)313
Fall from height11718
Animal related120
Physical assault2176
Slip, trip or fall (not from height)524737
Struck against1031
Struck by moving vehicle210
Struck by object998
Trapped by something collapsing111

Hertford No Win, No Fee Expert Solicitors

No Win, No Fee agreements, also known as Conditional Fee Agreements cover clients from an obligation to pay their solicitor's fees if their claim is not successful.

Quittance's 100% No Win, No Fee promise

No Win, No Fee means there are no hidden costs. With Quittance's No Win, No Fee, you will not be charged unexpected costs.

Click here for more information about our No Win, No Fee.

Next steps

Whether you are ready to start you claim now or are simply looking for more information, Quittance can help.

Get further information

Making the right decision for you depends on receiving the right information. Get your questions answered before you choose a lawyer.

Find additional information without picking up the phone. See our frequently asked questions.

Get a injury claim started

When you have chosen to proceed, you can begin your compensation claim by phoning 0800 612 7456 or through our online contact form.

If you have any questions, contact 0800 612 7456 or request a callback.