A guide to making a personal injury claim

By Paul Carvis

Whether you are based in Great Yarmouth or anywhere in the UK, our experienced lawyers are able to help with your claim and we will always arrange a medical at a local medical centre.

Do I have a claim?

If you were injured in the last three years and someone else was to blame, we can help you make a claim.

Compensation Calculator

The amount of compensation you will receive will depend on a variety of factors. Our calculator provides an accurate estimate of your likely compensation.

Making an injury claim

Injury claims should, in the majority of cases, be made within a three-year window.

In order to successfully win an injury claim, your lawyer must prove:

  • The Defendant owed you a duty of care
  • The Defendant breached that duty
  • Your injury or illness was caused by that breach

Your solicitor should consider how these issues relates to your case.

Choosing the best no win no fee personal injury lawyer

Identifying the most appropriate personal injury lawyer for your case is a crucial step towards negotiating the best compensation award.

What is the best way to make sure you select the best company to represent you?

You should be aware that the amount of compensation you get to keep can vary considerably from firm to firm (2015 research). No Win, No Fee solicitors will expect you to pay a success fee and an ATE insurance premium. For asbestosis, for example, the compensation you actually keep could vary from £12,210 to £85,580 depending on the fees charged by your lawyer.

The key questions to put to your prospective solicitor are "what success fee and ATE premium do you charge?" and "how much of the compensation will I keep?".

Injury lawyer reviews in Great Yarmouth - What to look for

Different lawyers adopt many different approaches, from strictly professional to sympathetic. Before you call, checking injury lawyer reviews should give you a idea of the range of service levels.

Will I need a local legal firm ?

Going for a local solicitor is less critical as injury cases are conducted without the need to meet the solicitor.

You will need to select a law firm that offers national medical centres (possibly even home visits) as you will have to go to a medical exam.

More : Do you have a medical centre in or near Great Yarmouth?

Legal claims we conduct

Compensation could be arranged for a broad range of injuries in Great Yarmouth and throughout Norfolk. We can help with injuries and illness including:

Serious injury

The effect of serious injury is understood by insurers and the Courts when they are working out compensation. The Quittance team work for the maximum compensation for serious injury and illness, which includes claiming for medical treatment and care costs. Quittance's panel of solicitor firms have helped families recover compensation for numerous chronic conditions and catastrophic injuries. Injuries categorised as serious and catastrophic include chemical poisoning and major surgical negligence.

Clinical negligence in Great Yarmouth

Clinical negligence (at one time referred to as medical negligence) is the term for when an injury is sustained from a breach of duty by a medical professional. A typical example could be a cancer negligence claim. Our select panel of solicitors acting for Great Yarmouth have helped people with legal cases made against infirmaries and hospitals that include Northgate Hospital, Northgate Street, Great Yarmouth, NR30 1BU.

Slip and trip injuries

Government statistics underline the fact that slips, trips and falls are the single most prevalent cause of injury at work in Norfolk. Slips and trips are typically forerunner to injuries attributed to other causes for instance being struck by a moving object or a quarry drowning accident. Public place legal claims for injuries like broken arms suffered on potholes are also quite prevalent with pothole trips having occurred on Salisbury Rd and on King Street.

Road accidents in Great Yarmouth

Accidents involving cars, mororbikes and all other vehicles in Great Yarmouth are relatively frequent. Officially reported accident data shows a total of 2391 accidents (1999 slight accidents, 352 serious accidents and 40 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Norfolk local authority area. In 2014 accidents increased to 2,578. Incidents in Great Yarmouth in 2013 included road traffic collisions on the single carriageway of the A1243 and B1141 junction and on the A12 and A1243 roundabout.

Quittance's network of best of breed no win, no fee lawyers have decades of experience in achieving optimum general and special damages for people who have been hurt in a road accident in Great Yarmouth.

Industrial disease

Solicitors can help with claiming maximum compensation for industrial injuries ranging from asbestos related illness to asthma caused by latex.

Accidents in the workplace

We have assisted claims for Claimants, from hotel workers to ergonomists, to claim work accident compensation. Work injury information in the Great Yarmouth local authority collated under RIDDOR by the Government as follows:

Work accidents in Great Yarmouth Local Authority (HSE)2011/122012/132013/14
Electricity related001
Machinery related241
Fire related (e.g. scars)110
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. carbon monoxide poisoning)310
Fall from height91911
Animal related100
Manual handling503234
Physical assault314
Slip, trip, fall same level313532
Struck against656
Struck by moving vehicle121
Struck by object20128
Trapped underneath something100

How No Win, No Fee personal injury solicitors look after Great Yarmouth claims for compensation

Were the injury claim to be won, the legal costs are paid by the losing side. When your lawyer loses the compensation claim, a No Win, No Fee agreement with the solicitor means that the lawyer's legal costs will not be charged.

Will I need to pay any extra costs?

No Win, No Fee means you will not owe anything if you lose your claim. With a No Win, No Fee promise, there is no catch whatsoever and there is no risk of losing out.

Read more about our No Win, No Fee

What to do next

Whether you are ready to start you claim now or are simply looking for more information, Quittance can help.

Get further information

Before you decide to instruct your lawyer you should arm yourself with as much information about the process as you can. The right answers can help you make the best decision for your future.

Find additional information without needing to call a law firm. See more frequently asked questions.

Ready to begin your compensation claim?

Phone an injury lawyer on 0800 612 7456 to make your claim, or you can start a injury claim online here.

Quittance's expert team can help. Would you like to know more? You can call 0800 612 7456 or request a no-obligation callback today.