Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

We can help you to claim compensation for any pain, suffering and financial losses.

How can we help

We have helped hundreds of people in Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf and throughout the UK claim compensation for:

Can I claim?

It should be possible to make a compensation claim if you sustained an injury:

  • within the last three years, and;
  • another person was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other considerations?

Yes. Practically speaking, several other factors can affect whether a successful no win, no fee claim will be possible, such as the accident circumstances or the quantum of the claim.

We can confirm your eligibility to claim over the phone. Speak to an expert now on 0800 376 1001. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Aberdare road accident claims

Aberdare road users are entitled to make a claim for compensation if they are hurt as the result of someone else's actions.

No matter if you were hurt in a collision on the motorway, or sustained an injury in a hit-and-run on Aberdare's roads, we're here to help. Our guide explains how to claim road accident compensation.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Aberdare

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim financial compensation for your injuries and any costs incurred as a result of your accident.

However your injury occurred, whether you have been injured by heavy machinery on a farm or a mechanic injured in a garage, our guide to work accident claims shows you how best to make a successful compensation claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Public place accidents

Officially reported statistics expose the fact that employee slips and trips are by some margin the most frequent cause of accidents leading to injury at work. Slips and trips are sometimes connected to accidents recorded in a different category e.g. being struck by moving machinery, a fall from a height or an animal related accident. Public place negligence claims injuries such as torn ligaments suffered on raised flagstones are also quite common with kerb stone trips having happened recently.

Public place accident claims

Clinical negligence

Clinical negligence (medical negligence) describes when someone is injured due to a doctor, nurse or other medical professional's carelessness. If you have been affected by medical negligence, Quittance's panel of expert clinical negligence solicitors can help you claim compensation from the NHS trust or private clinic.

Read more about Clinical negligence compensation

Medical negligence claims

More claim types

Courts recognise that a serious injury can have a life-changing impact on an affected individual and their dependants. Compensation will ease the financial burden and take the pressure off a claimant and their dependants so they can focus on recovery and rehabilitation. The panel of expert solicitor firms work with doctors, health professionals and insurance providers, to make sure claimants affected by severe accidents get medical and financial support. Injuries and illnesses which are considered to be serious range from amputation to eye injuries.

Read more about Catastrophic injury compensation

Other types of claim

Aberdare No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Aberdare injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Starting a claim

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim


Has Quittance handled many claims in Aberdare?

Quittance is a national network of specialist solicitors that assists injured people in Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf and throughout the UK, get compensated for their injuries.

Our expert solicitors have helped 100's of injured claimants across Rhondda Cynon Taf get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from ladder accidents to public place accidents.

With a first-rate claims record, we offer a service that is as clear and straightforward as possible. Local medical centres, home visits (where necessary) and specialist advice, frees you to focus on your recovery and recuperation.

Can I get 100% No Win, No Fee?

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. This means you will never be out of pocket.

Aberdare solicitor reviews

The quality of advice offered by solicitors vary considerably.

Online reviews can be enlightening when trying to decide which solicitor to go with.

See - Personal injury lawyer reviews

Do I need to choose a local legal firm?

The location of the solicitors office is not critical as cases are usually handled by phone and email.

You will need to select a law firm with national medical centres (possibly even home visits) as claimants will usually need to go to an independent medical examination.

More details - Do Quittance offer medical home visits?

The diversity in success fees and After the Event (ATE) insurance premiums between firms working on Conditional Fee Agreements is surprising.

For example the amount retained by an injured person agreeing on a settlement of £18,040 for moderate hearing loss could vary from £10,824 to £15,334.

Further reading How much compensation can you claim?

What are the Aberdare road accident statistics?

Accidents involving all vehicles in Aberdare are relatively commonplace. Officially reported accident data shows 11 fatal accidents, 59 serious accidents and 574 slight accidents in 2013 in Rhondda Cynon Taf (Total events were 644 local authority area. In 2014 accidents decreased to 586.

What are the Aberdare work accident statistics?

The most recent 2019 accident at work stats in the Rhondda Cynon Taf Local Authority (2013/14) reported in accordance with regulations by the Health and Saftey Executive as follows:

Workplace accidents in Rhondda Cynon Taf Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Machinery related13
Exposed to fire1
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. industrial and air pollution)7
Fall from height17
Injured by an animal1
Manual handling84
Slip, trip, fall same level87
Struck against11
Struck by moving vehicle3
Struck by object26
Trapped by something collapsing2

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor