Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

If your life has been affected by illness or injury, we are here to help.

If your injuries resulted from another person's actions or negligence, you may be able to make a no win, no fee compensation claim.

Each year, we help hundreds of people in Swinton, Greater Manchester and throughout the UK get compensation for:

Can I make a claim?

It should be possible to make a compensation claim if you were injured.

  • within the last three years, and;
  • another person was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other factors that could affect my right to claim?

Yes. In practice, a number of factors can impact whether a successful no win, no fee claim will be possible, such as the context of your injury or whether there was a criminal incident.

Why not speak to an expert now on 0800 376 1001 to find out if you have a claim. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker.

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

How much can I claim?

Swinton road accident claims

Drivers, pedestrians and riders are entitled to make a claim for compensation if they are injured on Swinton's roads due to someone else's negligence.

Whether you were hurt in a car collision on Swinton's roads, or have suffered an injury in a hit-and-run, our team can help. The Quittance expert guide sets out how to make a road accident injury claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Swinton

If you were injured at work and someone else was to blame, you may be able to claim compensation.

No matter what your job is - whether you are a builder injured on a building site or a media executive injured in the office, our guide to work accident claims shows you how best to make a successful claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Public place accidents

Official data demonstrate that employee slips, trips and falls are the most common cause of injury at work in Greater Manchester. They are frequently connected to accidents filed under a different category for instance being hit by another person or an exposure to fire (burn) accident. Public liability negligence claims injuries like torn ligaments experienced on slippery pavements are also quite common with recent pavement trips having happened in the local area.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Injury lawyers can help with securing compensation for industrial injuries ranging from asbestosis to solvent exposure.

Find out more: Industrial disease compensation claim

Industrial disease claims

More injury claim types

Quittance understand the critical change a successful claim makes to the lives of severely injured claimants. Our network of specialist solicitors fight hard for compensation for serious and catastrophic injury and illness, including claiming for the cost of treatment and physiotherapy.

Our network of solicitor firms have for many years helped people affected by serious accidents. Injuries and medical conditions which are held to be catastrophic or serious include radiation exposure and head injuries.

Find out more: Catastrophic injury compensation claims

Other types of claim

Swinton No Win, No Fee solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects you by ensuring that you will not need to pay any legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful. No Win, No Fee agreements are also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Swinton injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront with a CFA.

No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our panel of No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Swinton, Greater Manchester and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your personal injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer before the claim process starts.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure you will have nothing to pay.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

How we can help you

Your solicitor will fight for the best possible compensation settlement for you, and the highly-experienced panel of solicitors have an excellent track record of winning injury claims in Swinton and cross the UK.

If you have any questions, or would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, we are open:

  • 8am to 9pm weekdays
  • 9am to 6pm on Saturday
  • 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday

Call us for FREE advice on 0800 376 1001, or arrange a call back from a friendly, legally-trained advisor:

Call me back
  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

How much experience do your solicitors have of winning claims in Swinton?

Quittance Legal Services (QLS) is a nationwide panel of award winning personal injury lawyers that assists people in Swinton, Greater Manchester and throughout the country, get compensation.

We have helped hundreds of claimants throughout Greater Manchester seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, from accidents on building sites to car accidents.

Local medical centres, convenient home appointments (if required) and specialist advice, mean making a claim is as easy and stress-free as possible.

Does Quittance offer 100% No Win, No Fee

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. Your solicitor fights your case for you, and only gets paid a success fee if they win your case.

What should you consider when comparing Swinton solicitor reviews?

Different lawyers adopt many different approaches, from formal and traditional to sympathetic. Personal injury solicitor reviews are a great resource to compare the approach taken by individual firms.

You should be aware that the amount of compensation you get to keep can vary considerably from firm to firm (2015 research). No Win, No Fee solicitors will expect you to pay a success fee and an ATE insurance premium. For serious injuries to the big toe or to several other toes, for example, the compensation you actually keep could vary from £7,755 to £11,110 depending on the fees charged by your lawyer.

Will I need to instruct a local solicitor?

Going for a local solicitors office is less important as cases are usually conducted without the need to meet the solicitor.

You will need to select a law firm that provides national medical centres (possibly even home visits) as claimants will be expected to go to a medical assessment.

See - Do you have a local medical centre?

What are the road accident statistics in Swinton

Accidents involving cars, motorbikes and other vehicles in Swinton are not uncommon with statistics showing 5 fatal accidents, 65 serious accidents and 467 slight accidents in 2013 in Salford (Total events were 537 local authority area. By 2014 total accidents had increased to 549. Incidents in the Swinton region in 2013 included collisions on the dual carriageway of the A580 and A572 crossroads and on the single carriageway of the A572 and B5231 junction.

Quittance's network of accredited personal injury solicitors have a wealth of experience in getting the best compensation for people who have sustained an injury in a car or motorbike accident in Swinton.

Work accident statistics in Swinton

The latest 2019 accident figures for the Salford Local Authority (2013/14) are compiled in accordance with RIDDOR legislation by the Government in the following table:

HSE reported work accidents in Salford Local AuthorityReported Injuries
Electrical injury1
Machinery related13
Exposed to explosion1
Fire related (e.g. burns)2
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. perchlorate)3
Fall from height28
Animal related (e.g. livestock)3
Physical assault32
Slip, trip, fall same level90
Struck against7
Struck by moving vehicle9
Struck by object22
Trapped by something collapsing2

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor