90% claims success rate*

In November we helped 118 people in Bridgend get the compensation they need.

Our personal injury solicitors can help you make a No Win, No Fee claim. Speak to us now with no obligation.

*Based on solicitor data 24th May 2017

90% success rate, 100% No Win, No Fee

Bridgend Personal Injury Solicitors No Win No Fee

Howard Willis

Panel Solicitor

Updated: Tuesday, 6th September 2016

Quittance's national network of solicitors help clients across the country keep more of their personal injury settlement with our fairer success fees.

Whether you are based in Bridgend or anywhere in the UK, our experienced lawyers are able to manage your claim and we will always set up a medical assessment at a medical centre near you.

Making a personal injury claim

Claims must, in most cases, be made within 3 years of the date you were injured or learned of your injury.

People who have been diagnosed with an illness or medical condition like asbestosis are often still entitled to claim compensation even where the illness's cause happened years or even decades earlier. The date that you learn of your diagnosis is what is important in these cases.

For most claims, a successful compensation claim will involve three issues. It needs to be shown that a duty of care was owed, that this duty was breached, and the breach was the cause of the injury or illness.

Locating the best personal injury solicitor for your claim

Compensation for a personal injury claim can take months, and even years in the most serious claims, to be agreed. The SRA are tasked with regulating the legal advice given by solicitors, however they are not responsible for many issues that matter to people affected by injury, such as speed or level of service.

Given the impact your lawyer can have on your recovery, choosing a lawyer that matches your needs is vital.

Look into Bridgend solicitor reviews

The quality of legal advice offered by solicitors, as with any professional service, vary enormously.

Reviews can be helpful when contemplating which solicitor to select.

Find out more - Personal injury solicitor reviews

The diversity in the level of personal injury success fees and insurance premiums between different law firms working on Conditional Fee Agreements is considerable.

For example the amount of financial compensation retained by a successful Claimant having been awarded £8,640 for a fractured index finger might vary from £5,184 to £7,344.

Further reading Compare solicitors

Does the location of the law firm matter?

Claimants are not restricted to local firms and can make a selection based on the success fee a solicitor charges or other service factors.

Medical exams will usually need to be conducted locally. Quittance's national medical network will assist with this critical stage of the claims process.

Wherever your solicitor is based, they will arrange for a local medical expert to carry out the exam.

What kinds of claims for compensation do you handle?

Our network of lawyers represent Claimants throughout Bridgend whose accidents were diverse and which resulted in serious injury. Examples of injuries and medical conditions sustained by Bridgend residents include:

Workplace accidents

We have assisted claims for people, from warehouse assistants to barrister's clerks, to claim injury compensation. Accident at work statistics in the Bridgend local authority reported under legislation by the Government:

RIDAGGR reported work accidents in Bridgend Local Authority2011/122012/132013/14
Electrical injury130
Machinery related8104
Exposed to fire400
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. pesticide related illnesses)202
Fall from height181015
Animal related (e.g. livestock)120
Manual handling675054
Physical assault201328
Slip, trip, fall same level686467
Struck against846
Struck by moving vehicle551
Struck by object271826
Trapped by something collapsing011

Bridgend experts for serious injury compensation claims

The impact a serious injury can have will be acknowledged by Courts and insurance companies when working out a claim. A claim will ease the financial burden and take the pressure off a Claimant and their dependants so they can focus on recovery and rehabilitation. Our network of specialist solicitors work with the Courts, doctors and insurers, helping to ensure people affected by major accidents get medical and financial support. Injuries and illnesses considered by the Courts to be serious and catastrophic include cerebral palsy, lead poisoning and concussion.

Slips and trips

Recorded statistics stress the fact that employee slips and trips are the most prevalent cause of injury in the Wales workplace. Slips, trips and falls are typically forerunner to accidents recorded in another category, such as being hit by hand tools in use or a fire related (burn) accident. Public place (Bridgend local authority) legal claims for injuries such as facial scarring happening on pavement cracks are also quite common with incidents having occurred on Shieldhall Rd and on Harvie Avenue.

Road accidents in Bridgend

Our group of knowledgeable no win, no fee solicitors have a wealth of experience in negotiating maximum general and special damages for people who have been hurt in a car or motorcycle crash in Bridgend.

Road accidents involving cars, motorcycles and other vehicles in Bridgend are reasonably common. Official statistics reveal a total of 330 accidents (298 slight accidents, 29 serious accidents and 3 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Bridgend local authority district. In 2014 total accidents had increased to 350.

Clinical negligence in Bridgend

Clinical negligence - at one time called medical negligence - is the legal term for a failing by a doctor, GP, surgeon or other medical professional. Our panel of personal injury lawyers acting for Bridgend have helped people with negligence claims brought against NHS and private hospitals including Islay Hospital, Gortonvogie Road, Bowmore, Isle of Islay, PA43 7JD.

No Win, No Fee Lawyers handling claims for compensation in Bridgend

No Win, No Fee agreements (or Conditional Fee Agreements) cover injured Claimants from a requirement to pay their legal fees if the injury claim is not won.

Our 100% No Win, No Fee guarantee

Some solicitors may impose additional fees if they lose your case. With Quittance, 100% No Win, No Fee protection is guaranteed, with no catches whatsoever. Read more about our No Win, No Fee here

What happens next?

Whether you are ready to start you claim now or are simply looking for more information, Quittance can help.

Get further information

Before you instruct arm yourself with information. This will help you make the best choice.

Get answers to popular questions in the frequently asked questions section.

Start a injury claim

If you have made the decision to get underway, you can begin your injury claim by calling 0800 612 7456 or via our contact form.

Our team of personal injury specialists are ready to help. If you have any questions, you can phone 0800 612 7456 or request a no-obligation callback.