Have you been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

Regardless of how you were injured by someone else's negligence, we are here to help you recover compensation.

How we can help you

Every year, we help hundreds of people in Hungerford, Berkshire and across the UK get compensation for:

Do I qualify for personal injury compensation?

You should be able to make a compensation claim if you suffered an illness or injury:

  • in the last three years, and;
  • someone else was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any exceptions?

Yes. Practically speaking, there are several factors that can have a bearing on whether a successful compensation claim will be possible, such as the circumstances of your accident, whether there is an untraceable defendant or whether causation can be established.

It costs nothing to find out if you have a claim. Speak to an expert now on 0800 376 1001. You can also find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Hungerford road accident claims

If you are involved in an accident and injured on Hungerford's roads as the result of a careless driver, you can start a claim for compensation.

It does not matter if you were a passenger in a car accident, or sustained an injury as a pedestrian, this road accident claim guide sets out what you need to know about how to claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Hungerford

If you were injured at work in the last three years, you should be able to claim compensation.

However your injury occurred, whether you have been injured by heavy machinery on a farm or a mechanic injured in a garage, our work accident claim guide shows you how to make a successful compensation claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Public place injuries

Officially reported figures highlight the fact that employee slips and trips continue to be the most prevalent cause of injury at work in Berkshire and the UK as a whole in 2015. They are often related to accidents filed under a different category for instance being hit by an object falling from a vehicle or an animal related accident. Public liability legal claims for injuries like facial scarring happening on pavement ice are also quite prevalent with street trips having happened on High St.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Personal injury solicitors can assist with getting compensation for industrial illness that include anything from allergic contact dermatitis to chromium related illnesses.

More about No win, no fee industrial disease claim

Industrial disease claims

More claim types

The impact of a serious injury is recognised by Courts and insurance companies when they are calculating what a claim is worth. By limiting the financial pressure severe injury puts on an injured claimant, an injury claim allows people to prioritise recovery and rehabilitation.

Our network of expert lawyers work with medical professionals, the Courts and insurance providers, helping to ensure families affected by serious accidents and injuries get legal and medical support.

More about No win, no fee catastrophic injury claims

Other types of claim

Hungerford No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Hungerford injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Hungerford, Berkshire and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Should I choose Quittance?

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

Has Quittance won many injury claims in Hungerford?

Quittance Legal Services is a nationwide network of expert solicitors dedicated to helping injured people in Hungerford, Berkshire and throughout the UK, get compensation.

We have helped 100's of injured claimants in Berkshire get compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, including pedestrian accidents and injuries sustained from a fall at work.

Medical centres in every town in the UK, home visits (where necessary) and experienced claims specialists, mean that claiming compensation is as clear and straightforward as possible.

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You don't have to pay any costs upfront, and only pay a standard success fee at the end, if you win your case.

Will I need to go with a local solicitor?

The whereabouts of the solicitor is not so relevant as cases are usually managed remotely.

However, you should choose a solicitors practice with national medical centres (possibly even home visits) as you will almost always need to attend a medical examination.

More details : What is the process for attending a medical?

The disparity in the level of success fees and ATE premiums charged by lawyers working on Conditional Fee Agreements can have a significant impact on your compensation.

To illustrate the point, the amount of financial compensation retained by a claimant who was awarded £36,760 for serious hand injuries could conceivably vary from £22,056 to £31,246.

More information Get a quote

Hungerford solicitor reviews

The standards of communication and advice offered by solicitors, as with any professional service, can differ considerably.

Online personal injury solicitor reviews can certainly be enlightening when mulling over which solicitor to choose.

See : Solicitor reviews

What are the road accident statistics in Hungerford

Our group of best of breed no win no fee personal injury solicitors have vast experience in achieving maximum awards for anyone who has been injured in a road accident in Hungerford.

Road accidents involving cars, motorbikes and other vehicles in Hungerford are relatively common with a total of 454 accidents (399 slight accidents, 52 serious accidents and 3 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Berkshire local authority area. In 2014 accidents decreased to 454.

Work accident statistics in Hungerford

The latest 2019 accident statistics in the West Berkshire Local Authority (2013/14) are compiled in accordance with RIDDOR legislation by the HSE excerpted below:

Work accidents in West Berkshire Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Electric shock injury (e.g. burns)1
Machinery related injury3
Explosion related0
Exposed to fire1
Harmful substance related1
Fall from height (ladder)26
Animal related (e.g. serious cat scratches)16
Lifting and handling injuries31
Physical attack3
Slip, trip, fall same level46
Struck against7
Struck by moving vehicle4
Struck by object15
Crushed by something collapsing1

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor