What should I do if I think I have whiplash?
If you think you may have whiplash following an accident on the road (or under any other circumstances), the following information will maximise the chances of a successful injury claim.
- Do I have whiplash? Causes and Symptoms
- Whiplash claims | How much compensation can I claim?
- How long does a whiplash case take?
- Do I need a medical diagnosis to make a whiplash claim?
Seek medical attention
The first thing to do is seek medial attention. Whiplash can be serious and there may be other injuries that are not immediately apparent. Your recovery should be your most important consideration.
This is also a critical step as the formal medical diagnosis will form part of the basis of any compensation claim you may decide to pursue.
You may be required attend a further medical if you do decide to make a claim.
Report the accident to the police
You will also need to be able to demonstrate that an accident did actually occur. Reporting the accident to thne police is the best and most formal way of doing this and will help support your claim.
Whiplash claim tips
Whether or not symptoms are immediately apparent, it is important to document the accident.
- Noting the time of day and location of the accident, and getting the contact details of others involved in the accident (and any witnesses) is the first step in demonstrating the legitimacy of a claim.
- Take a many photographs of the accident scene and damaged vehicles as possible. Try to take pictures from multiple angles.
- If the accident caused injuries the police should have been involved and the incident reported.
- Where injuries sustained require subsequent treatment, other documents to support a claim would include medical records relating to the injury with details of any medication and physiotherapy prescribed. These would be gathered and submitted as the claim process progresses.
- There may be other costs associated with the injury, such as travel expenses, as well as possible loss of earnings if the injury has prevented the claimant from working. Employment records will verify this.
How can Quittance help?
Our highly experienced solicitors have an excellent track record of winning road accident claims and will fight for the best possible compensation settlement for you.
If you have any questions, or would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, call FREE on 0800 488 0618 or click here to arrange a callback.
We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.
- 100% No Win, No Fee
- Free Consultation
- No Obligation to Start a Claim
- Longer Opening Hours
- Road Accident Experts