A guide to making a personal injury claim

By Howard Willis

Whether you are based in Wem or anywhere else in England or Wales, Quittance can will handle your claim and we will always arrange a medical report at a local medical centre.

Do I have a claim for injury compensation?

If you suffered an injury in the last three years and another party was at fault, Quittance's panel of solicitors can help you make a compensation claim.

Do I have a claim?

What are the criteria for making a claim?

Injury claims should usually be made within 3 years of the injury.

To win a personal injury case, it should be demonstrated that the defendant owed you a duty of care, that the defendant breached that duty, and that your injury or illness was caused by that breach.

How much can I claim?

The injury compensation you are likely to receive will depend on a variety of factors. Our compensation calculator gives you a good idea of the compensation you could get for your injuries, lost earnings and any other losses.

How much can I claim?

Work accident claims in Wem

Worker injured in accident

Quittance has helped claimants injured at work, from factory workers to veterinary surgeons, to claim compensation from their employer. Accident statistics in the Shropshire local authority made available in accordance with regulations by the Government in the following table:

RIDAGGR reported work accidents in Shropshire Local Authority2011/122012/132013/14
Not specified685152
Electric shock injury132
Machinery related injury332120
Fire related (e.g. scars)011
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. PVC)1052
Fall from height (ladder)414029
Injured by an animal10118
Lifting and handling injuries19885100
Slip, trip or fall (not from height)157131115
Struck against23195
Hit by vehicle4710
Hit by object704048
Trapped by something collapsing101

Find out more: Work injury compensation claim

Road traffic accident claims in Wem

Cars involved in a road accident

Quittance's network of road traffic accident injury lawyers have years of experience in fighting for the highest awards for people injured in a car or motorbike accident in Wem.

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Wem are common. Police reporters reveal that there were 18 fatal accidents, 101 serious accidents and 694 slight accidents in 2013 in Shropshire (Total events were 813 local authority area. By 2014 the total had increased to 835. Accidents in Wem in 2013 included crashes on the single carriageway of the B5063 and B5476 junction and on the single carriageway of the B5476 and B5065 junction.

Find out more: Road accident compensation

Other claims

Industrial disease

Litigators can help with getting compensation for industrial illnesses that range from noise induced hearing loss to pneumoconiosis.

Find out more: No win, no fee industrial disease claim

Slip and trip accidents

Reported data underline the fact that employee slips and trips continue to be the most prevalent cause of accidents leading to injury at work in Shropshire and the UK in 2014/15. Slips, trips and falls are quite often the forerunner to injuries filed under a different category such as being hit by another person or a lake drowning accident. Public place cases for injuries like broken wrists suffered on slippery pavements are also quite common with pavement crack trips having happened recently.

Serious injury

Courts recognise that a serious injury will have a life-altering impact on a claimant. By reducing the financial pressure serious injury imposes on a claimant, injury compensation enables people to focus on recovery and rehabilitation.

Quittance's panel of expert law firms engage with the other side's legal representatives, insurance companies and medical providers to make sure claimants impacted by serious accidents receive the legal and medical support they need. Injuries held to be catastrophic or serious include deep vein thrombosis, eye injuries and lung cancer.

Find out more: No win, no fee catastrophic injury claims

Clinical negligence in Wem

Clinical negligence (medical negligence) describes when a patient is injured or becomes ill as the result of the carelessness of a GP or other medical professional. Our specialist panel of injury lawyers can help you claim compensation from the NHS trust or private clinic at fault.

If you only want a deeper understanding of what happened rather than injury compensation, you could make a formal complaint. To go through the NHS complaints procedure against Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital NHS Trust, for example, you can write to The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Twympath Lane, Oswestry, Shropshire.

Find out more: No win, no fee clinical negligence claims

Wem No Win, No Fee Solicitors

You can confidently make a claim without any financial risk with Quittance's No Win, No Fee guarantee. Our national network of solicitors cover Wem and across the UK.

For more information, see No win, no fee compensation.

Meet the QLS team

The nationwide network of QLS solicitors handle all injury compensation claims in Wem, from relatively minor claims to life-changing injury. Selected because of their track record in recovering compensation, our lawyers have years of experience.

To meet more of the Quittance team, click here.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor

What is your track record of winning claims in Wem?

We are a nationwide panel of results-focussed personal injury solicitors dedicated to helping people in Wem, Shropshire and across the country, recover injury compensation.

Our specialist solicitors have helped hundreds of people throughout Shropshire seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, including car accidents and accidents on building sites.

Medical centres in every town in the UK, home visits (where necessary) and specialist advice, mean that making an injury claim is as stress-free as possible.

Frequently asked questions

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You won't have to pay a penny to start a claim.

How to pick the best no win no fee personal injury lawyer to represent you

Identifying the best lawyer for your legal case is the most important step towards successfully claiming the highest compensation settlement for your injuries.

With over 100 offices within a 25 radius of Wem (SRA 2015 figures), what is the best way to make sure you choose the ideal company to handle your case?

Read Wem solicitor reviews

Levels of service provided by lawyers, as with any service, vary considerably.

Reviews can certainly be a good place to start when attempting to decide which lawyer to choose.

Find out more - Personal injury lawyer reviews

Does the location of the lawyer matter?

You do not need to pick a solicitor near you.

Medicals will usually need to be conducted locally. Quittance's national network of medical professionals will assist with this critical stage of the claims process.

Wherever your solicitor is based, they will arrange for a local medical expert to carry out the exam.

The diversity in the level of personal injury success fees and insurance premiums between law firms working on Conditional Fee Agreements (CFA) is considerable.

As an example the amount of financial compensation retained by a claimant awarded ?67,671 for lung cancer can range from ?40,603 to ?57,520.

Read more at - Get a quote

Case studies

Serious Injury Solicitor

Rakhi Chauhan secures £80,000 following a road collision with a lorry

The victim was forced off the road when a lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Read more
Serious Injury Solicitor

Kevin Walker obtains £80,000 for a construction worker's catastrophic hand injury

The worker also recieved trauma-specialist physiotherapy, welfare advice and state-of-the-art prostheses.

Read more
Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

About the author

Howard qualified as a solicitor in 1984 and has specialised in personal injury for over 25 years. He is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is a recognised Law Society Personal Injury Panel expert.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert