Have you been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

If your life and ability to work has been affected by an injury, we can help.

Whether you were injured as the result of a negligent road user, employer or anyone else, you may be able to claim financial compensation.

Each year, we help hundreds of people in Wednesfield, West Midlands and throughout the UK get compensation for:

Can I claim?

You should be eligible to make an injury claim if your injury occurred.

  • within the last three years, and;
  • another person was at least partly to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other factors that could affect my right to claim?

Yes. Practically speaking, various other factors can affect whether a successful compensation claim will be possible, such as the circumstances of your accident or whether there was a criminal incident.

A brief phone consultation will tell you whether you have a valid compensation claim. There is no obligation to start a claim with Quittance. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker.

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Wednesfield road accident claims

Wednesfield cyclists, drivers, and pedestrians have a right to make a claim for compensation if they are injured as the result of someone else's negligence.

It does not matter whether you have been involved riding a cycle on Wednesfield's roads, or were a passenger in a car accident, we can assist. This guide to road accident compensation claims sets out everything you need to know about the claims process.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Wednesfield

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim financial compensation.

Whether you are a full or part-time employee, or a temp employed via an agency, our guide to work accident claims shows you how to make a successful compensation claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Accidents in a public place

Recorded figures demonstrate that slips and trips are the most common cause of injury in the West Midlands workplace in 2015. These types of accident are sometimes the initiators of injuries categorised as another type of accident for instance being hit by material under pressure, when helping another person or a toxic substance accident. Public place (Wolverhampton local authority) negligence claims injuries such as sprained arms suffered on tripping on a street are also quite common with slips and trips having occurred in the local area.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Litigators can assist with getting compensation for diverse industrial illnesses including anything from workplace cancer to rubber industry health and safety lapses.

For more information: Industrial disease claims

Industrial disease claims

More injury claim types

We recognise the vital difference an injury claim will make to seriously injured claimants. By limiting the financial stress serious injury puts on an injured person and their family, a successful claim allows them to concentrate on their recovery and rehabilitation. Quittance's network of lawyers engage with the other side's legal representatives and insurers, helping to ensure families affected by serious accidents and injuries receive medical and financial support.

For more information: Serious injury claims

Other types of claim

Wednesfield No Win, No Fee solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects you by ensuring that you will not need to pay any legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful. No Win, No Fee agreements are also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Wednesfield injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront with a CFA.

No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our panel of No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Wednesfield, West Midlands and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your personal injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer before the claim process starts.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure you will have nothing to pay.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

How we can help you

Your solicitor will fight for the best possible compensation settlement for you, and the highly-experienced panel of solicitors have an excellent track record of winning injury claims in Wednesfield and cross the UK.

If you have any questions, or would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, we are open:

  • 8am to 9pm weekdays
  • 9am to 6pm on Saturday
  • 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday

Call us for FREE advice on 0800 376 1001, or arrange a call back from a friendly, legally-trained advisor:

Call me back
  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

How much experience do the solicitors have of handling claims in Wednesfield?

Quittance Legal Services is a UK-wide network of expert personal injury lawyers that helps people injured in Wednesfield, West Midlands and throughout the country, obtain financial compensation for their injuries.

In 2017, we helped hundreds of people across the West Midlands get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, including part-time worker injuries and car accidents.

With a first-rate claims record, our service is designed to be as stress-free as possible. Local medical appointments, home appointments (if necessary) and an expert team, means you can focus on your recovery.

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You don't have to pay any costs upfront, and only pay a standard success fee at the end, if you win your case.

Wednesfield personal injury solicitor reviews

Service levels provided by solicitors can vary.

Speaking to friends or relatives or reading reviews can certainly be instructive if you are considering which solicitor to pick.

Read more : Quittance reviews

Do I need to select a local injury lawyer?

The whereabouts of the solicitors office is not particularly critical as injury cases are run remotely.

It is however necessary to choose a company that provides medical facilities near you as you will almost always have to go to a medical examination.

Read more : Do you have a medical centre in or near Wednesfield?

What are the road accident statistics in Wednesfield

Quittance's panel of certified personal injury solicitors have decades of experience in securing maximum awards for anyone hurt in a road accident in Wednesfield.

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Wednesfield are reasonably common. Officially reported accident data shows a total of 633 accidents (569 slight accidents, 61 serious accidents and 3 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Wolverhampton local authority. In 2014 the total had increased to 645. Accidents in the Wednesfield region in 2013 included collisions on the dual carriageway of the A4124 and B4484 junction and on the A454 and B4464 roundabout.

What are the Wednesfield work accident statistics?

The latest 2019 accident at work data in the Wolverhampton Local Authority (2013/14) collated in accordance with RIDDOR legislation by the Government excerpted below:

Work accidents in Wolverhampton Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Electric shock injury1
Machinery related13
Explosion related0
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. diesel exhaust fumes)4
Fall from height (ladder)24
Injured by an animal2
Lifting and handling injuries74
Slip, trip, fall same level88
Struck against8
Hit by vehicle4
Struck by object28
Trapped by something collapsing1

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor