A guide to making a personal injury claim

By Howard Willis

If you live in Twyford or anywhere in the UK, our personal injury lawyers can take on your claim and we will arrange a medical report at a centre near you .

Can I make a claim?

If you suffered an injury in the last three years and another party was at fault, we can help you make a compensation claim.

Do I have a claim?

Key criteria

Claims for personal injury compensation should, in the majority of cases, be made within a three-year window, starting from the date you knew of your injury.

In the majority of cases, there are three elements to a successful personal injury claim. It must be demonstrated on the balance of probabilities that a duty of care was owed, that this duty was breached, and the breach was the cause of the injury or illness.

A no-obligation phone call with an injury lawyer can provide information and invaluable guidance.

Calculate my compensation

The injury compensation you are likely to receive is based on the seriousness of your injuries. Our easy to use compensation calculator provides a good idea of your potential compensation award.

How much can I claim?

Road traffic accident claims in Twyford

Cars involved in a road accident

Quittance's network of knowledgeable injury lawyers are experienced in getting optimum compensation for anyone injured in a car or motorcycle crash in Twyford.

Accidents involving cars, motorcycles and other vehicles in Twyford are relatively common. Official statistics show 1 fatal accidents, 52 serious accidents and 262 slight accidents in 2013 in Wokingham (Total events were 315 local authority. By 2014 the total had increased to 359. Accidents in the Twyford region in 2013 included collisions on the A4 and A3032 roundabout and on the single carriageway of the A3032 and A321 crossroads.

Find out more: No win, no fee road accident claim

Work accident claims in Twyford

Worker injured in accident

Quittance has assisted claimants, from members of the Royal Navy to technical sales engineers, to claim compensation from their employer. Accident at work statistics for the Wokingham local authority are listed in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) by the HSE in the following table:

Work accidents in Wokingham Local Authority (RIDAGGR)2011/122012/132013/14
Machinery related injury576
Exposed to fire001
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. TCE)424
Fall from height (scaffolding)957
Animal related401
Lifting and handling injuries292217
Slip, trip, fall same level303231
Struck against314
Hit by vehicle111
Struck by object877
Trapped underneath something002

Find out more: Accident at work compensation claims

Other claims

Slips, trips and falls

Health and Saftey Executive data underscore the fact that slips and trips are the most frequent cause of injury in the Berkshire workplace. They are typically the cause of injuries incorrectly attributed to other causes such as being struck by a falling object or an exposure to an explosion accident. Public place (Wokingham local authority) accident claims injuries such as bruised legs suffered on spillages are also quite common with pavement crack trips having occurred in the local area.

Medical negligence in Twyford

Medical negligence (clinical negligence) describes when a patient is injured as the result of the lack of care of a GP, nurse or other medical professional. If you have been affected by clinical negligence, Quittance can help you claim compensation from the NHS trust or private clinic responsible.

Alternatively, you could use the NHS Resolution process if you only want closure instead of starting an injury claim. For example, you can contact Fitzwilliam House, Skimped Hill Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire, to make a complaint against Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Find out more: Clinical negligence compensation claim

Industrial disease

Injury lawyers can help claimants with claiming maximum compensation for industrial illnesses ranging from asbestosis to pesticide poisoning.

Find out more: Industrial disease compensation claim

Twyford serious injury claims

We understand the vital change a successful claim will make to people whose lives have been affected by serious injury. Our network of lawyers fight to get the maximum compensation for serious injury and illness, including compensation for medical and care costs.

Find out more: Catastrophic injury compensation claims

Twyford No Win, No Fee Solicitors

You can confidently make a claim without any financial risk with Quittance's No Win, No Fee guarantee. Our national network of solicitors cover Twyford and across the UK.

For more information, see No win, no fee compensation.

Meet our team

Quittance Legal Services' nationwide panel of solicitors handle all types of claims in Twyford and including fast track, complex and catastrophic injury claims. Selected on the basis of their winning track record, Quittance's panel solicitors have years of dedicated experience handling injury claims.

Meet the team - click here.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor

Has Quittance won many injury claims in Twyford?

Quittance is a national panel of results-focussed solicitors dedicated to helping injured people in Twyford, Berkshire and throughout the UK, obtain compensation.

Our expert solicitors have helped 100's of claimants in Berkshire get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, including car accidents and injuries sustained from a fall at work.

With a success rate of over 90%, our service is designed to be as stress-free as possible. Local medical centres, home appointments (if required) and expert advice, means the claims process does not have to take over your life.

Frequently asked questions

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This means you will never be out of pocket.

Choosing the best no win no fee personal injury lawyer

You will be liaising with your solicitor for a long period of time, from many months for less serious injuries to over a year for matters involving serious injury. The SRA regulate legal advice given by personal injury solicitors, however they are not responsible for many factors that matter to people considering an injury claim, such as speed or level of service.

Your solicitor should be someone you can trust throughout your claim to offer specialist legal guidance and practical advice.

Look into Twyford solicitor reviews

The standards of communication and advice offered by solicitors, as with any service, vary considerably.

Speaking to friends or relatives or reading reviews is a great place to start when attempting to decide which solicitor to go with.

See Personal injury lawyer reviews

The difference in success fees between firms working on CFAs (Conditional Fee Agreement) is huge.

To illustrate the point, the amount retained by a claimant agreeing on a settlement of ?36,780 for serious hand injuries can vary from ?22,068 to ?31,263.

Further reading - How much can you claim?

Do you need to go with a local Twyford legal firm ?

The location of a law firm is not especially important as cases are, as a matter of course, managed remotely.

You will need to choose a company that provides national medical coverage as you will be expected to attend a medical exam.

Further reading - Do Quittance offer medical home visits?

Case studies

Serious Injury Solicitor

Rakhi Chauhan secures £80,000 following a road collision with a lorry

The victim was forced off the road when a lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Read more
Serious Injury Solicitor

Kevin Walker obtains £80,000 for a construction worker's catastrophic hand injury

The worker also recieved trauma-specialist physiotherapy, welfare advice and state-of-the-art prostheses.

Read more
Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

About the author

Howard qualified as a solicitor in 1984 and has specialised in personal injury for over 25 years. He is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is a recognised Law Society Personal Injury Panel expert.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert