Have you been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

If you have been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Our personal injury services

Each year, we help injured people in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire and across the UK claim compensation for:

Do I have a claim?

You should be eligible to make an injury claim if your injury occurred:

  • in the last three years (limitation) and
  • was caused by another party (causation) and
  • that party owed you a duty of care (liability).

Are there any other points to consider?

Yes. There are a number of other factors that can affect whether a successful compensation claim will be possible, such as the circumstances of your injury or the quantum of the claim.

We can give you a clearer answer over the phone. Speak to an injury solicitor now on 0800 376 1001. If you prefer, you can check your claim online with our Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Tadcaster road accident claims

If you are injured in an accident on Tadcaster's roads due to another driver's actions, you have a right to start a claim for compensation.

No matter if you have been involved as a pedestrian, or have been hurt in a car accident on Tadcaster's roads, our specialist team are here. Quittance's guide to road accident compensation explains what you need to know about starting a claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Tadcaster

If you have been injured or made ill as a result of your employer's negligence, you have the right to make a claim.

Whatever your job is, whether you had a fall or developed noise-induced hearing loss, our work injury claim guide covers everything you need to know about making a successful no win no fee claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Public place accidents

Government figures emphasise the fact that employee slips and trips are still the most frequent accident at work. Slips, trips and falls are sometimes the precursor to injuries recorded in a different category like being hit by an object falling from a ladder or a harmful substance accident. Public liability compensation claims for injuries like sprained wrists experienced on slippery pavements are also quite prevalent with slips having happened in the local area.

Public place accident claims

Medical negligence

Clinical (or medical) negligence describes when a patient is injured or becomes ill as the result of the carelessness of a consultant or other health professional. If you have been the victim of medical negligence, Quittance can help you claim compensation from the NHS hospital or clinic that was at fault.

Alternatively, you could use the NHS Resolution process if you just want answers rather than financial damages. You can write to Harrogate District Hospital, Lancaster Park Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, for example, to raise a complaint against Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust.

For more information: Clinical negligence compensation

Medical negligence claims

More claim types

The Courts understand that serious injuries will have a major impact on a claimant and their dependants. We fight to get maximum compensation for serious injuries, including compensation for the cost of ongoing treatment and care. Quittance's network of specialist solicitors have aided claimants claim damages for a wide range of catastrophic injuries and chronic conditions. Injuries and illnesses referred to as catastrophic or serious range from bowel cancer to multiple fractures.

For more information: Catastrophic injury compensation

Other types of claim

Tadcaster No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Tadcaster injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Why Quittance Legal Services?

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

Have the solicitors handled many Tadcaster claims?

Quittance is a national panel of results-focussed personal injury solicitors that helps claimants in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire and throughout the country, get maximum compensation for their injuries.

Our specialist solicitors have helped 100's of claimants throughout North Yorkshire seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, including motorbike pillion passenger accidents and ladder accidents.

Local medical appointments, home visits (if required) and an expert team, mean that claiming compensation is as convenient and stress-free as possible.

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You don't have to pay any costs upfront, and only pay a standard success fee at the end, if you win your case.

Do you need to choose a local Tadcaster injury lawyer?

The location of the solicitors office is less relevant as cases can be conducted remotely.

You will need to instruct a company that offers medical facilities near Tadcaster as claimants will almost always need to attend a medical exam.

Read more : Will I have to attend a medical?

Check Tadcaster solicitor reviews

Levels of service offered by injury lawyers can vary.

Online personal injury solicitor reviews can be instructive when mulling over which solicitor to work with.

Read more Reviews

The disparity in the amount of fees between different lawyers is an important consideration for claimants.

As an example the amount retained by an injured person having been awarded £16,346 for ankle injuries causing some permanent problems could conceivably vary from £9,807 to £13,894.

Additional reading Get a personal injury quote

What are the road accident statistics in Tadcaster

Quittance's panel of expert no win no fee lawyers have a wealth of experience in getting the best damages for claimants injured in a car accident in Tadcaster.

For more information: Road accident claims

Work accident statistics in Tadcaster

The most recent 2019 accident statistics for the Selby Local Authority (2013/14) are compiled under RIDDOR regulations by the Government:

Workplace accidents in Selby Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Electrical injury0
Machinery related injury16
Fire related (e.g. scarrs)0
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. chemical and bacterial poisoning)2
Fall from height12
Animal related (e.g. serious cat scratches)2
Manual handling62
Physical assault0
Slip, trip, fall same level57
Struck against11
Struck by moving vehicle3
Hit by falling object40
Crushed by something collapsing0

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor