A guide to making a personal injury claim

By Paul Carvis

If you are based in Steyning or anywhere in the UK, our expert injury lawyers can handle your claim and we will arrange a medical report at a local medical centre.

Do I have a claim for injury compensation?

If you were injured in the last three years and someone else was to blame, Quittance's panel of solicitors can help you make a claim.

Can I claim?Check claim

Key criteria

Claims for compensation should, in most cases, be made within three years of an injury.

For most claims, making a successful claim will involve three issues. It must be shown that:

  • a duty of care was owed
  • that the duty was breached
  • the breach was the cause of the injury or illness

Beginning your claim sooner should allow your lawyer to help collate supporting witness statements and other evidence.

Back to top

How much compensation could I get?

The amount of compensation you will receive is based on a number of factors. Our calculator gives you an accurate estimate of your likely compensation.

How much can I claim?Use our compensation calculator
Back to top

Work accident claims in Steyning

Worker injured in accident

Quittance has assisted claims for injured claimants, from nurses to social researchers, to secure financial compensation settlements. Work injury information for the Steyning local authority collated in accordance with RIDDOR legislation by the Health and Safety Executive and set out below:

Workplace accidents in Adur Local Authority (RIDAGGR)2011/122012/132013/14
Machinery related injury752
Fire related (e.g. burns)011
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. perchlorate)102
Fall from height865
Animal related (e.g. dog bites)200
Physical assault202
Slip, trip or fall151621
Struck against120
Struck by moving vehicle020
Struck by object1255

Read more about Injured at work compensation claims

Back to top

Road traffic accident claims in Steyning

Cars involved in a road accident

Road traffic accidents involving vehicles in Steyning are relatively commonplace with a total of 2554 accidents (2116 slight accidents, 408 serious accidents and 30 fatal accidents) in 2013 in West Sussex council area. In 2014 total accidents had increased to 2,748.

Our network of specialist no win, no fee injury lawyers have decades of experience in fighting for the highest damages for people who have been hurt in a car or motorbike crash in Steyning.

Read more about Road accident compensation claim

Back to top

Other claims we handle

Industrial disease

Legal advisors can help claimants with claiming maximum compensation for industrial injuries that range from dermatitis claims to pesticide poisoning.

Read more about No win, no fee industrial disease claim

Slips and trips

Reported figures stress the fact that employee slips, trips and falls are by some margin the most prevalent cause of accidents leading to injury in the West Sussex workplace in 2014/15. Slips and trips are typically forerunner to injuries recorded in a different category like being struck by machinery or an animal related accident. Public place (Adur local authority) cases for injuries such as broken collarbones suffered on potholes are also quite prevalent with dislodged paving slab trips having occurred in the area.

Serious injury solicitors in Steyning

Courts understand that serious injuries have a significant impact on a claimant. Quittance's network of lawyers work for maximum compensation for serious and catastrophic injuries, which includes damages for long-term medical treatment and care costs. Quittance's network of specialist solicitor firms for many years have helped claimants impacted by severe accidents. Injuries and medical conditions which are considered to be serious and catastrophic include deep vein thrombosis and lung disease.

Read more about No win, no fee catastrophic injury claims

Clinical negligence in Steyning

Clinical negligence (medical negligence) is the term used when a person sustains an injury or illness due to the carelessness of a GP, nurse or other health worker. Quittance's expert panel of injury lawyers can help you make a claim against the NHS trust or private clinic responsible.

Alternatively, you could make a formal complaint if you just want an explanation as to what went wrong as opposed to injury compensation. For example, to make a formal complaint against Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, you can contact Holtye Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex.

Read more about No win, no fee clinical negligence claims

Back to top

Steyning No Win, No Fee Solicitors

If you are worried about the cost of making a claim, choosing a 'no win, no fee' solicitor means that no legal fees will be due if your claim is not successful. Our solicitors work on a guaranteed no win, no fee basis in Steyning and throughout the UK.

See: No win, no fee personal injury claims.

Back to top

Meet our team

The national network of QLS solicitors help injured people with all types of claims in Steyning, from less severe claims to long term industrial disease. Our solicitors are chosen on the basis of their professionalism and their track record in winning cases.

Meet more of the QLS team: click here.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor
Back to top

What is Quittance's track record of winning claims in Steyning?

We are a nationwide panel of results-focussed personal injury solicitors dedicated to helping claimants in Steyning, West Sussex and throughout the country, get the best possible compensation settlement.

Our expert solicitors have helped 100's of claimants throughout West Sussex seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, from accidents in the office to car passenger accidents.

With a 90% success rate, we offer a service that is as stress-free as possible. Medical centres in every town in the UK, home visits (if required) and experienced claims specialists, means the claims process does not have to take over your life.

Back to top

Frequently asked questions

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You don't have to pay any costs upfront, and only pay a standard success fee at the end, if you win your case.

Guidance for injured people seeking an injury lawyer

Finding the most suitable solicitor for your legal case is the most important step towards obtaining the best compensation settlement.

With approximately 100 offices within 25 miles of Steyning, what is the best way to ensure you instruct the best one to act for you?

Will you need to select a local Steyning injury lawyer ?

The whereabouts of the firm is not important as injury cases now tend to be managed by phone, post and email.

However, you should go with a law firm with national medical coverage as you will almost always need to go to a medical examination.

Read more : Will I have to attend a medical?

Reviews for lawyers in Steyning

Different lawyers adopt many different approaches, from more casual and friendly to strictly professional. Before picking up the phone, looking up injury lawyer reviews should give you a better idea of the level of service on offer.

The contrast in the level of fees between solicitors is an important consideration for claimants.

To illustrate the point, the amount of financial compensation retained by a successful claimant accepting a settlement of ?7,930 for serious hand injuries with full or close to full recovery could conceivably vary from ?4,758 to ?6,740.

More information How to compare injury solicitors quotes

Case studies

Serious Injury Solicitor

Rakhi Chauhan secures £80,000 following a road collision with a lorry

The victim was forced off the road when a lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Read more
Serious Injury Solicitor

Kevin Walker obtains £80,000 for a construction worker's catastrophic hand injury

The worker also recieved trauma-specialist physiotherapy, welfare advice and state-of-the-art prostheses.

Read more
Jenny Jones, Senior litigator

About the author

With over 20 years' experience in the law, Jenny has spent the last decade specialising in personal injury, with a particular focus on industrial disease cases.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert