90% claims success rate*

In November we helped 2,093 people in Standish and Greater Manchester get the compensation they need.

Our personal injury solicitors can help you make a No Win, No Fee claim. Speak to us now with no obligation.

*Based on solicitor data 24th May 2017

90% success rate, 100% No Win, No Fee

Standish Personal Injury Solicitors No Win No Fee

Paul Carvis

Panel Personal Injury Solicitor

Updated: Tuesday, 9th August 2016

Whether you are based in Standish or anywhere in the country, our experienced lawyers are able to assist with your claim and we will always set up a medical assessment at a centre near you .

Making an injury claim

Claims should be made within three years of the date the accident occurred or you learned of the injury in most cases.

In the majority of cases, a successful compensation claim involves three components. It must be proven on the balance of probabilities that:

  • a duty of care was owed
  • that the duty was breached
  • the breach was the cause of the injury or illness

In all cases, answers and useful advice will be provided by a brief, no-obligation consultation with an Standish injury lawyer.

How to find the right personal injury lawyer for your compensation claim

Identifying a suitable lawyer to represent you is your most important step towards getting the most compensation for your accident.

What is the best way to make certain you select the best legal practice to represent you?

Standish personal injury solicitor reviews

The standards of communication and advice offered by lawyers can vary enormously.

Online reviews can help build a picture when considering which solicitor best serves your needs.

Read Reviews

The difference in the level of success fees and After the Event (ATE) insurance premiums charged by law firms working on No Win No Fee agreements is considerable.

As an example the amount retained by a Claimant accepting a settlement of £10,487 for a fractured forearm could conceivably vary from £6,292 to £8,914.

Read more at How much can you claim?

Do I need to instruct a local legal firm ?

The whereabouts of the solicitor is not so relevant as injury cases can be run remotely.

You will need to select a solicitors practice that has national medical centres as you will almost always be expected to go to a medical examination.

See - Can I attend a medical centre near me?

Which claims for compensation do you handle in Standish?

It is possible to claim compensation for a wide range of injuries across Standish. Quittance have helped with injuries and illness including:

Serious injury

The Courts recognise that a serious injury can have a life-changing impact on an injured person and their dependants. We fight hard for the maximum compensation for severe injuries, including reimbursement for physiotherapy and treatment.

Accidents at work

Quittance has assisted claims for Claimants, from construction workers to surveyors, to claim compensation from their employer. Work accident figures in the Wigan local authority collated under RIDDOR by the Health and Safety Executive:

Work accidents in Wigan Local Authority (RIDAGGR)2011/122012/132013/14
Machinery related15136
Explosion related130
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. exposure to Teflon fumes)1035
Fall from height212228
Animal related (e.g. veterinary)011
Manual handling1458481
Slip, trip or fall (not from height)1219886
Struck against16913
Hit by vehicle7125
Struck by object463036
Trapped by something collapsing213

Industrial disease

Solicitors can assist with claiming work related compensation for a multitude of industrial illnesses including anything from workplace cancer to pesticide poisoning.

Slip and trip injuries

Official figures expose the fact that employee slips and trips continue to be the most common cause of injury in the Greater Manchester workplace. These types of accident are typically forerunner to accidents categorised as another type of accident such as being hit by an object falling from a machine, when supporting another person or a fire related accident. Public liability cases for injuries such as sprained arms happening on poorly maintained roads are also quite common with recent falls having happened recently.

Clinical and medical negligence in Standish

Medical negligence, which is now more precisely called Clinical Negligence, is when there has been a breach of duty on the part of a hospital or other healthcare provider. Quittance's highly experienced panel of personal injury solicitors covering Greater Manchester and Standish have been instructed on negligence cases brought against infirmaries and hospitals including Wrightington Hospital, Hall Lane, Appley Bridge, Wigan, WN6 9EP.

Road traffic accidents (RTA) in Standish

Road traffic accidents involving vehicles in Standish are relatively frequent with 4 fatal accidents, 61 serious accidents and 400 slight accidents in 2013 in Wigan (Total events were 465 local authority area. In 2014 the total had decreased to 448.

Quittances network of specialist no win, no fee personal injury lawyers are experienced in in achieving maximum compensation for anyone who has been hurt in a road accident in Standish.

No Win, No Fee Personal injury Solicitors in Standish

CFAs, more commonly known as No Win, No Fee agreements protect Claimants in Standish from the need to pay solicitors' fees if the compensation claim is not won.

A success fee is levied by solicitors serving Standish that work under a No Win, No Fee agreement (Conditional Fee Agreement). The success fee will be taken from the compensation award and is in most cases 25%.

Will there be any hidden fees?

Quittance promise that No Win, No Fee means a Claimant do not need to pay your lawyer's legal fees should you do not win. Read more about Quittance's No Win, No Fee

What happens next?

Whether you are ready to start you claim now or are simply looking for more information, Quittance can help.

Get further information

Before you decide to instruct your solicitor arm yourself with information. The right answers will help you to make the right decision.

Find more information without being required to call a solicitor. Find more frequently asked questions here.

How to get your personal injury claim underway

Once you have decided to proceed, you can start the claim for compensation by phoning 0800 612 7456 or 0333 344 6575 or using Quittance's online contact form here.

Speak to a member of Quittance's network of specialists for more information about the process. Call us on 0800 612 7456 or get a callback.