Were you injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

If your life or the life of a loved one has been affected by an injury, we can help.

You can make a no win, no fee compensation claim with the help and support of a personal injury solicitor.

Every year, we help injured claimants in Sawtry, Cambridgeshire and throughout the UK get compensation for:

Can I claim?

It should be possible to make a compensation claim if you sustained an injury.

  • within the last three years, and;
  • another person was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Is there anything else that can affect my eligibility to claim?

Yes. Practically speaking, several other factors can affect whether a successful no win, no fee claim will be possible, such as the accident circumstances or the quantum of the claim.

We can confirm your eligibility to claim over the phone. Speak to an expert now on 0800 376 1001. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Claim Checker.

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Sawtry road accident claims

You are entitled to claim compensation if you are injured in an accident on Sawtry's roads as the result of a negligent road user.

It does not matter whether you have been hurt in a collision on Sawtry's roads, or were involved as a pedestrian, we can assist. Our road accident compensation guide sets out what you need to know about how to get started.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Sawtry

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim financial compensation for your injuries and any costs incurred as a result of your accident.

However your injury occurred, whether you have been injured by heavy machinery on a farm or a mechanic injured in a garage, our guide to work accident claims shows you how best to make a successful compensation claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Medical negligence

Clinical negligence is the term used when a person suffers injury or illness as the result of a GP or other medical professional's lack of care. If you have been affected by medical negligence, we can help you make a claim against the NHS hospital or clinic that was at fault.

If you only want closure or answers instead of claiming compensation, you could follow the NHS complaints procedure. For example, you can contact Hills Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, to follow the formal NHS complaints process against Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.

Further information: Medical negligence compensation claims

Medical negligence claims

Industrial disease

Lawyers can assist with claiming work related compensation for industrial illness ranging from noise induced hearing loss to pesticide poisoning.

Further information: Industrial disease compensation claims

Industrial disease claims

More injury claim types

Quittance recognise the difference injury compensation can make to the lives of people affected by major injury.

A successful claim should ease the financial burden and reduce stress so a claimant so they can prioritise recovery.

Further information: Serious injury compensation claims

Other types of claim

Sawtry No Win, No Fee solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects you by ensuring that you will not need to pay any legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful. No Win, No Fee agreements are also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Sawtry injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront with a CFA.

No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our panel of No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Sawtry, Cambridgeshire and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your personal injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer before the claim process starts.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure you will have nothing to pay.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

How we can help you

Your solicitor will fight for the best possible compensation settlement for you, and the highly-experienced panel of solicitors have an excellent track record of winning injury claims in Sawtry and cross the UK.

If you have any questions, or would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, we are open:

  • 8am to 9pm weekdays
  • 9am to 6pm on Saturday
  • 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday

Call us for FREE advice on 0800 376 1001, or arrange a call back from a friendly, legally-trained advisor:

Call me back
  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

What experience do you have of handling claims in Sawtry?

We are a UK-wide network of specialist personal injury lawyers that assists claimants in Sawtry, Cambridgeshire and throughout the UK, get maximum compensation for their injuries.

In the last 12 months, we have helped hundreds of people in Cambridgeshire get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, including accidents at work and car accidents.

Local medical appointments, convenient home appointments (if required) and expert advice, mean that claiming compensation is as clear and straightforward as possible.

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This means you will never be out of pocket.

Will I need a local Sawtry legal firm?

Choosing a nearby solicitor is less relevant as cases are typically run remotely.

You will need to select a law firm that provides medical facilities near you as you will need to attend a medical assessment.

More details : Do Quittance have a local medical centre?

Reviews for solicitors in Sawtry

There is often no substitute for picking up the phone and talking to a solicitor about your claim. Reviews for personal injury law firms are a great resource to compare the approach and service levels taken by individual firms.

The disparity in the level of success fees and ATE premiums between different firms is an important consideration for claimants.

As an example the amount of financial compensation retained by a successful claimant having been awarded £65,759 for a serious back injury could vary from £39,455 to £55,895.

Further reading : Compare solicitors quotes

What are the road accident statistics in Sawtry

Quittance's panel of qualified road traffic accident lawyers are experienced in achieving optimum damages for people hurt in a car or motorbike accident in Sawtry.

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Sawtry are quite common with statistics showing 28 fatal accidents, 277 serious accidents and 1664 slight accidents in 2013 in Cambridgeshire (Total events were 1969 local authority. By 2014 the total had increased to 2,049.

Work accident statistics in Sawtry

The latest 2019 accident stats in the Huntingdonshire Local Authority (2013/14) collated under reporting legislation by the Government and set out below:

RIDAGGR reported work accidents in Huntingdonshire Local AuthorityReported Injuries
Not Reported36
Contact with machinery14
Exposed to fire0
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. chromium)6
Fall from height (ladder)19
Animal related (e.g. livestock)4
Lifting and carrying68
Physical assault12
Slip or trip62
Struck against5
Struck by moving vehicle0
Hit by object26
Trapped by something collapsing1

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor