Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

If either you were injured or became sick and someone else was at fault, we're here to help.

If your injuries resulted from another person's actions or negligence, you may be able to make a no win, no fee compensation claim.

Each year, we help injured people in Oundle, Northamptonshire and across the UK claim compensation for:

Am I eligible to make a personal injury claim?

The main criteria for making a claim are that the injury must have occurred.

  • in the last three years, and;
  • someone else was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other factors that could affect my right to claim?

Yes. Practically speaking, there are several factors that can have a bearing on whether a successful no win, no fee claim will be possible, such as the specific details of the accident, when the date of knowledge was or whether your claim meets your chosen solicitor's risk assessment criteria.

A brief phone consultation will let you know whether you are eligible to make a claim. There is no obligation to start a claim with Quittance. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Claim Checker.

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

How much can I claim?

Road accident claims in Oundle

Oundle road users may be able to claim injury compensation if they are hurt as the result of someone else's negligence.

It does not matter whether you were a passenger in a car accident, or were involved in a motorcycle accident on Oundle's roads, our specialist team are here. The Quittance road accident compensation guide explains what you need to know about how to claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Oundle

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries and any costs incurred as a result of your accident.

No matter what your job is - whether you are a roofer injured on a building site or a media executive injured in the office, our guide to work accident claims shows you how to make a successful compensation claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Accidents in a public place

Officially recorded figures highlight the fact that slips, trips and falls continue to be the most prevalent cause of injury at work in Northamptonshire in 2014/15. These types of accident are typically lead to accidents attributed to other reasons e.g. being struck by a falling object or a drowning accident. Public liability compensation claims for injuries such as sprained wrists experienced on poorly maintained paths are also quite prevalent with kerb stone trips having happened on New St and on Church Lane.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Personal injury solicitors can help with claiming work related compensation for industrial illnesses that include anything from NIHL to Vibration White Finger.

See: Industrial disease compensation claims

Industrial disease claims

More injury claim types

Courts recognise that serious injuries can have a major effect on an injured person and their dependants.

Quittance's team fight hard for compensation for severe injuries. This includes compensation for physiotherapy and treatment. Quittance's panel of solicitors have for many years helped people affected by serious accidents and injuries. Injuries and medical conditions which are held to be serious and catastrophic include major surgical negligence and poisoning.

See: Serious injury compensation claims

Other types of claim

Oundle No Win, No Fee solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects you by ensuring that you will not need to pay any legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful. No Win, No Fee agreements are also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Oundle injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront with a CFA.

No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our panel of No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Oundle, Northamptonshire and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your personal injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer before the claim process starts.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure you will have nothing to pay.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

How we can help you

Your solicitor will fight for the best possible compensation settlement for you, and the highly-experienced panel of solicitors have an excellent track record of winning injury claims in Oundle and cross the UK.

If you have any questions, or would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, we are open:

  • 8am to 9pm weekdays
  • 9am to 6pm on Saturday
  • 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday

Call us for FREE advice on 0800 376 1001, or arrange a call back from a friendly, legally-trained advisor:

Call me back
  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

What experience do the solicitors have of injury claims in Oundle?

Quittance is a national panel of results-focussed personal injury lawyers that helps injured people in Oundle, Northamptonshire and across the country, obtain compensation.

Last year, we helped hundreds of claimants across Northamptonshire seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, from public place accidents to building site accidents.

Local medical appointments, home visits (where necessary) and an expert team at the end of the phone, mean that claiming compensation is as convenient and stress-free as possible.

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You don't have to pay any costs upfront, and only pay a standard success fee at the end, if you win your case.

Do I need to instruct a local legal firm?

Choosing a nearby solicitor is less critical as cases are typically conducted remotely.

It is however necessary to instruct a company that offers medical facilities near you as claimants will almost always have to go to a medical examination.

More details : Do Quittance have a local medical centre?

The difference in the amount of success fees and After the Event (ATE) insurance premiums charged by solicitors is vast

As an example the amount retained by a successful claimant who was awarded £49,283 for leg fractures can vary from £29,570 to £41,890.

Further reading Compare solicitors quotes

Oundle personal injury solicitor reviews

The quality of advice provided by injury lawyers, as with any service, can vary.

Speaking to friends or relatives or reading reviews can certainly be revealing if you are weighing up which lawyer to work with.

Read more Personal injury lawyer reviews

What are the road accident statistics in Oundle

Our group of trained road traffic accident lawyers have decades of experience in negotiating optimum compensation for people who have been hurt in a car accident in Oundle.

See: Road accident claim

What are the Oundle work accident statistics?

The latest 2019 work injury information in the East Northamptonshire Local Authority (2013/14) reported in accordance with regulations by the Government in the following table:

Workplace accidents in East Northamptonshire Local Authority (HSE)Reported Injuries
Not specified12
Machinery related injury5
Exposed to fire0
Fall from height7
Injured by an animal1
Physical assault0
Slip, trip, fall same level28
Struck against5
Struck by moving vehicle4
Struck by object14
Trapped under falling object0

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor