A guide to making a personal injury claim

By Howard Willis

No matter whether you are based in Northfleet or anywhere else in England or Wales, our injury solicitors are able to help with your claim and we will arrange a medical report at a medical centre near you.

Can I make a personal injury claim?

If you have been injured, or were diagnosed with an injury or illness, in the last three years and another party owed you a duty of care, our panel of expert solicitors can help you make a claim for financial compensation.

Do I have a claim?

Qualifying for personal injury compensation

Claims for compensation should be made within three years of the date of the injury in the majority of cases.

In the majority of cases, proving an injury claim has three key components. It needs to be proven that:

  • a duty of care was owed
  • that the duty was breached
  • the breach was the cause of the injury or illness

Calculate my compensation

The financial compensation you are likely to get will depend on a variety of factors. Our easy to use compensation calculator provides a good idea of your potential compensation award.

How much can I claim?

Road traffic accident claims in Northfleet

Cars involved in a road accident

Road accidents involving cars, motorcycles and other vehicles in Northfleet are relatively common. Police reporters reveal that there were 48 fatal accidents, 546 serious accidents and 5236 slight accidents in 2013 in Kent (Total events were 5830 local authority district. In 2014 the total had increased to 6,303. Accidents in the Northfleet region in 2013 included car crashes on the B2175 and A226 roundabout and on the A226 and B262 roundabout.

Our network of no win no fee litigators have decades of experience in achieving optimum compensation for people injured in a road accident in Northfleet.

Read more: Road accident compensation claims

Work accident claims in Northfleet

Worker injured in accident

Quittance has assisted claims for people, from forklift drivers to nursery teachers, to secure financial compensation awards. Accident figures in the Dartford local authority are published in accordance with RIDDOR regulations by the Government in the following table:

Work accidents in Dartford Local Authority (HSE)2011/122012/132013/14
Electrical injury011
Machinery related877
Fire related (e.g. burns)020
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. PAH)112
Fall from height152113
Animal related (e.g. veterinary)010
Lifting and handling injuries804440
Physical assault61111
Slip, trip, fall same level655055
Struck against1064
Hit by vehicle547
Struck by object221618
Trapped by something collapsing110

Read more: No win, no fee work accident claims

Other claims

Clinical negligence in Northfleet

Medical negligence is the term used when a patient is injured due to the carelessness of a doctor, nurse or other health worker. Our specialist panel of injury lawyers can help you claim compensation from the NHS hospital or private clinic.

You could use the NHS Resolution process if you only want answers instead of claiming compensation. For example, to go through the NHS complaints procedure against Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust, you can write to Darent Valley Hospital, Darenth Wood Road, Dartford, Kent.

Read more: Medical negligence compensation claims

Serious injury specialists in Northfleet

Quittance's team understand the critical difference a compensation claim will make to people who have been affected by serious injury.

We work to achieve maximum compensation for serious and catastrophic injuries, including compensation for long-term medical treatment and care costs. Our network of expert solicitors have aided claimants receive compensation for a range of catastrophic injuries and chronic conditions. Injuries and medical conditions categorised as serious include asbestosis, birth negligence and degloving injuries.

Read more: Serious injury compensation claims

Industrial disease

Lawyers can help with claiming maximum compensation for industrial illnesses that range from NIHL to asthma caused by grain.

Read more: Industrial disease compensation claims

Slip, trip and fall accidents

Health and Saftey Executive figures stress the fact that employee slips, trips and falls are, by a considerable degree, the most common accident in the Kent workplace. Slips and trips are frequently the initiators of injuries recorded in a different category e.g. being struck by machinery or a drowning accident. Public place accident claims injuries such as fractured ankles happening on raised kerb stones are also common with recent trips having occurred on High Street and on High Street.

Northfleet No Win, No Fee Solicitors

You can confidently make a claim without any financial risk with Quittance's No Win, No Fee guarantee. Our national network of solicitors cover Northfleet and across the UK.

Find out more about No win, no fee compensation.

Meet the QLS team

The national network of Quittance solicitors handle all injury compensation claims in Northfleet, from fast track claims to catastrophic injury. Our solicitors are selected for their success rate in winning claims and their knowledge and expertise.

Click here to meet more of the QLS team.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor

Have you handled many Northfleet claims?

Quittance is a UK-wide panel of results-focussed personal injury lawyers that helps people in Northfleet, Kent and across the country, get maximum compensation for their injuries.

We have helped hundreds of people in Kent get compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, from building site accidents to car accidents.

Local medical appointments, home appointments (if required) and an expert team at the end of the phone, make our claims process as easy and stress-free as possible.

Frequently asked questions

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This means you will never be out of pocket.

Advice for injured people looking for a lawyer

Compensation for a claim can take months, and even years in the most serious claims, to be paid. All solicitors are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), however service levels can vary.

Considering the effect your lawyer can have on your life, both during and after your recovery, picking an injury lawyer to fit your requirements is an important first step.

Will you need to go with a local injury lawyer ?

The whereabouts of the law firm is less important as injury cases are normally handled remotely.

It is however necessary to instruct a solicitors practice that provides medical facilities near Northfleet as claimants will usually need to attend a medical exam.

More on : What is the process for attending a medical?

The disparity in fees between different solicitors is huge.

For instance the amount of compensation retained by a successful claimant who was awarded ?10,479 for a fractured forearm might vary from ?6,287 to ?8,907.

Read more at How to compare personal injury fees

Northfleet personal injury solicitor reviews

The quality of advice offered by solicitors, as with any professional service, can vary.

Speaking to friends or relatives or reading reviews can certainly be helpful when weighing up which lawyer to choose.

Read more Quittance reviews

Case studies

Serious Injury Solicitor

Rakhi Chauhan secures £80,000 following a road collision with a lorry

The victim was forced off the road when a lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Read more
Serious Injury Solicitor

Kevin Walker obtains £80,000 for a construction worker's catastrophic hand injury

The worker also recieved trauma-specialist physiotherapy, welfare advice and state-of-the-art prostheses.

Read more
Jenny Jones, Senior litigator

About the author

With over 20 years' experience in the law, Jenny has spent the last decade specialising in personal injury, with a particular focus on industrial disease cases.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert