Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

Regardless of how you were injured by someone else's negligence, we are here to help you recover compensation.

What sort of injuries can I claim for?

Every year, we help injured people in Ivybridge, Devon and throughout the UK claim compensation for:

Can I make a claim?

You should be able to claim financial compensation for your injury if the accident (or 'date of knowledge') happened:

  • within the last three years, and;
  • another person was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any exceptions?

Yes. In practice, there are several factors that can have a bearing on whether a successful no win, no fee claim will be possible, including the specific details of the accident, whether there is an untraceable defendant or whether your chosen solicitor believes your claim has a prospect of success.

If you would like to find out if you have a claim, speak to us now on 0800 376 1001. If you prefer, you can check your claim online with our Online Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Ivybridge road accident claims

You have the right to claim compensation if you were injured in an accident on Ivybridge's roads because of the actions of another driver.

It does not matter whether you were a passenger in a car accident, or have suffered an injury in a hit-and-run on Ivybridge's roads, our road accident claim guide sets out everything you need to know about starting a claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Ivybridge

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim compensation.

Whether you are a full or part-time employee, or a temp working through an agency, our guide to work accident claims explains your legal rights and how you can make a successful no win no fee claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Public place accidents

Officially recorded statistics show that employee slips, trips and falls are the most common cause of injury at work in Devon. These types of accident are typically lead to injuries recorded in another category like being hit by a reversing vehicle, a carrying injury or a toxic substance accident. Public place (South Hams local authority) cases for injuries such as pulled muscles happening on tripping on a street are also common with falls having occurred on Abbot Rd.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Personal injury solicitors can assist with claiming work related compensation for diverse industrial illnesses that range from workplace cancer to asthma caused by isocyanates.

Read more: Industrial disease compensation claims

Industrial disease claims

More injury claim types

The Courts understand that a serious injury has a major impact on an injured person and their family. Our network of specialist solicitors fight to get maximum compensation for major injuries, including compensation for medical expenses and care costs.

Read more: Serious injury compensation claims

Other types of claim

Ivybridge No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Ivybridge injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Ivybridge, Devon and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Why Quittance Legal Services?

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

What is Quittance's track record of injury claims in Ivybridge?

We are a nationwide network of award winning solicitors that assists people in Ivybridge, Devon and throughout the UK, get the best possible compensation settlement.

We have helped hundreds of claimants throughout Devon get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from injuries sustained at work to car accidents.

With a success rate of over 90%, our service is designed to be as easy and stress-free as possible. Local medical centres, home visits (where necessary) and an expert team at the end of the phone, means you can focus on getting back to where you were before your injury.

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You won't have to pay a penny to start a claim.

Ivybridge personal injury solicitor reviews

The standards of communication and advice provided by injury lawyers, as with any service, can vary enormously.

Researching reviews can certainly be a good place to start if you are deciding which lawyer to work with.

Find out more Quittance reviews

The diversity in the level of success fees and ATE premiums between firms working on Conditional Fee Agreements is quite surprising.

For example the amount of financial compensation retained by an injured person being awarded compensation of £26,586 for significant hip or pelvis injuries without serious permanent damage can range from £15,952 to £22,598.

Additional reading Get a personal injury quote

Will you need to instruct a local injury lawyer?

Choosing a nearby solicitor is not particularly relevant as cases are, as a matter of course, managed by phone and email.

You will need to go with a law firm that offers medical facilities near Ivybridge as claimants will usually have to attend a medical examination.

More - Do Quittance offer medical home visits?

What are the road accident statistics in Ivybridge

Accidents involving cars, motorbikes and other vehicles in Ivybridge are quite common. Officially reported accident data shows 16 fatal accidents, 294 serious accidents and 2094 slight accidents in 2013 in Devon (Total events were 2404 local authority district. By 2014 total accidents had increased to 2,427.

Our network of professional road traffic accident (RTA) legal advisors are experienced in securing maximum awards for claimants who have been injured in a car or motorcycle crash in Ivybridge.

Work accident statistics in Ivybridge

The most recent 2019 work injury data in the South Hams Local Authority (2013/14) reported under RIDDOR legislation by the Government and set out below:

Work accidents in South Hams Local Authority (HSE)Reported Injuries
Electric shock injury (e.g. burns)0
Machinery related injury9
Exposed to explosion0
Fire related1
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. PAH)2
Fall from height12
Animal related (e.g. serious cat scratches)1
Manual handling25
Slip, trip or fall32
Struck against2
Struck by moving vehicle5
Struck by object17
Trapped by something collapsing0

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor