Holmfirth Personal Injury Solicitors No Win No Fee

Whether you live in Holmfirth or anywhere else in England or Wales, our lawyers will take on your claim and we will arrange a medical report at a medical centre near your home.

Have I got a claim for compensation?

If you suffered an injury in the last three years and someone else was at fault, our personal injury solicitors can help you make a compensation claim.

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now

Assessing a claim's value at the outset can be complicated, particularly if you have multiple injuries.

If you would like a FREE claim estimate with no obligation to start a claim, call 0800 612 7456.

Alternatively, our compensation calculator will give you an instant estimate of what your claim is worth.

Calculate my claim

Eligibility to claim

Claims for personal injury compensation must usually be made within 3 years of the date you were injured or learned of your injury.

Whether compensation is being claimed for a work-related illness or road accident, there are three key components to a successful personal injury claim. It must be shown on the balance of probabilities that the person or company causing the injury owed you a duty of care, that this duty of care was breached, and this breach caused your illness or injury.

In all cases, a short, free consultation with a specialist solicitor will provide answers and advice.

How much can I claim?

The injury compensation you are likely to receive will depend on a number of factors. Our online calculator provides you with an accurate estimate of the compensation you could get for your injuries.

Calculate my injury claim

Work accident claims in Holmfirth

Worker injured in accident

Quittance has assisted people injured in an accident, from scaffolding erectors to higher education advice workers, to secure financial compensation settlements. Work accident statistics for the Kirklees local authority are detailed under reporting legislation by the Health and Safety Executive excerpted below:

Workplace accidents in Kirklees Local Authority (HSE)2011/122012/132013/14
Not Known865751
Electric shock injury130
Machinery related injury422530
Explosion related (e.g. gas)010
Exposed to fire411
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. radiation poisoning)1365
Fall from height (scaffolding)523032
Animal related (e.g. riding accident)1224
Lifting and handling injuries20098118
Physical assault331326
Slip, trip, fall same level176156100
Struck against222017
Struck by moving vehicle14911
Hit by falling object865148
Trapped by something collapsing154

Read more about Work injury compensation claim

Road traffic accident claims in Holmfirth

Cars involved in a road accident

Quittance's network of qualified road traffic accident (RTA) lawyers have a wealth of experience in obtaining maximum damages for claimants who have sustained an injury in a road accident in Holmfirth.

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Holmfirth are not uncommon. Official statistics reveal 13 fatal accidents, 127 serious accidents and 1075 slight accidents in 2013 in Kirklees (Total events were 1215 council area. By 2014 the total had decreased to 1,109. Accidents in the Holmfirth region in 2013 included traffic collisions on the single carriageway of the A616 and A635 crossroads and on the single carriageway of the A6024 and A635 junction.

Read more about Road accident claims

Other injury claims

Industrial disease

Litigators can assist with claiming work related compensation for a multitude of industrial illnesses ranging from occupational asthma to irritant contact dermatitis.

Read more about No win, no fee industrial disease claim

Slip, trip and fall accidents

Officially reported statistics highlight the fact that slips, trips and falls are the most frequent cause of injury at work in West Yorkshire in 2015. They are typically related to accidents categorised as something else for instance being hit by an object falling from a machine or an exposure to fire (burn) accident. Public place claims for injuries such as fractured wrists sustained on tripping on a street are also quite prevalent with kerb stone trips having happened on Station Rd and on Huddersfield Rd.

Serious injury

The effect a serious or catastrophic injury has will be understood by Courts when calculating compensation. Quittance's panel of expert lawyers fight to get compensation for severe injury and illness. This includes claiming for the cost of treatment and physiotherapy.

Read more about No win, no fee catastrophic injury claims

Medical and clinical negligence in Holmfirth

Medical negligence is the term for when a patient sustains an injury or illness due to the carelessness of a GP, nurse or other health worker. If you have been the victim of medical negligence, we can help you claim compensation from the NHS hospital or clinic that was at fault.

You could use the NHS Resolution process if you just want answers as opposed to starting an injury claim. For example, you can write to Airedale General Hospital, Skipton Road, Steeton, Keighley, West Yorkshire, to make a formal complaint against Airedale NHS Foundation Trust.

Read more about No win, no fee clinical negligence claims

Holmfirth No Win, No Fee Solicitors

If you are worried about the cost of making a claim, choosing a 'no win, no fee' solicitor means that no legal fees will be due if your claim is not successful. Our solicitors work on a guaranteed no win, no fee basis in Holmfirth and throughout the UK.

For more information, see No win, no fee personal injury claims.

Meet the QLS team

Quittance Legal Services' nationwide network of solicitors take on all types of compensation claims in Holmfirth, including fast track, complex and catastrophic injury claims. Selected because of their track record in winning cases, our solicitors have years of dedicated experience winning compensation for claimants.

Click here to see more of the Quittance team.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor

Have Quittance solicitors handled many claims in Holmfirth?

Quittance Legal Services (QLS) is a nationwide panel of SRA regulated personal injury lawyers that helps injured people in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire and across the UK, recover compensation for their injuries.

In 2017, we have assisted hundreds of people across West Yorkshire seek compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, including workplace accidents and car passenger accidents.

Local medical appointments, home appointments (if necessary) and expert advice, make our claims process as convenient and stress-free as possible.

Frequently asked questions

Does Quittance offer 100% No Win, No Fee

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. This means that there is no financial risk in making a claim.

What to consider when finding the best solicitor

Compensation for a claim for compensation can take months, and even years in serious injury cases, to be paid. The SRA are tasked with regulating strictly legal advice given by all solicitors, however they are not required to monitor many factors that matter to claimants, such as speed or level of service.

Your legal representative should be someone you are able to rely on throughout your claim to provide both practical guidance and specialist legal advice.

Will I have to choose a solicitor near me?

Claimants are not restricted to local firms and can make a selection based on the success fee a solicitor charges or other service factors.

The only element of a personal injury claim that usually needs a local service provider is the medical. This exam is carried out in partnership with a member of our national network of medical professionals.

Wherever your solicitor is based, they will arrange for a local medical expert to carry out the exam.

Compensation is limited to costs you have had to bear as a result of the injury and by set recommended 'general damages' depending on the nature of the injury. Your solicitor's experience can impact the level of damages negotiated. Get more information about how much you can claim.

Solicitors working on a No Win, No Fee basis generally charge a success fee and for ATE insurance. Deductions from a claimant's compensation for severe tinnitus, for example, ranges from ?23,980 to ?36,850 (based on 2015 market data).

Read Holmfirth solicitor reviews

Levels of service offered by lawyers, as with any professional service, can differ considerably.

Reviews can certainly be enlightening when thinking about which lawyer to pick.

Read more Solicitor reviews

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

About the author

Paul is a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel, a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, and has served as a Deputy District Judge, giving him a uniquely broad understanding of the claims process.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert