Have you been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

Whether you were injured due to a careless driver, employer or anyone else, we can help you claim compensation.

How we can help you

We have helped hundreds of people in Harefield, London and throughout the UK claim compensation for:

Am I eligible to make a personal injury claim?

The key criteria for making a claim are that the injury must have occurred:

  • in the last three years, and;
  • someone else was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other considerations?

Yes. In practice, various other factors can affect whether a successful compensation claim will be possible, such as the circumstances of your accident or the location of the injury.

It costs nothing to find out if you can claim. Speak to an expert now on 0800 376 1001. You can also find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Road accident claims in Harefield

You have the right to make a claim for compensation if you were hurt in an accident on Harefield's roads due to the actions of another road user.

It does not matter whether you were hurt in a collision on the motorway, or have suffered an injury as a pedestrian, we are here to help. Our guide explains what you need to do to start a road accident claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Harefield

If you have suffered an injury as a result of your employer's actions or negligence, you should be legally entitled to make a claim.

Whether you are a full or part-time employee, a temp or on a zero-hours contract, our work accident claim guide explains what you need to know about making a successful no win no fee claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Public place injuries

Official statistics show that employee slips, trips and falls are the most common cause of accidents leading to injury at work in North London and the UK. Slips, trips and falls are typically the initiators of accidents filed under a different category such as being hit by an object falling from a machine, a crush injury from something overturning or a drowning accident. Public place legal claims for injuries like broken ankles experienced on potholes are also quite prevalent with recent trips having occurred on Witts Hill and on High St.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Injury solicitors can assist with claiming work related compensation for a multitude of industrial illnesses including anything from Noise induced hearing loss (NIHL) to asthma caused by enzymes.

Read more about Industrial disease claims

Industrial disease claims

More injury claim types

Courts recognise that a serious injury has a life-changing effect on an individual. We fight hard for the maximum compensation for serious and catastrophic injuries, including claiming for medical treatment and care costs.

Read more about Serious injury claims

Other types of claim

Harefield No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Harefield injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Harefield, London and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Free, no obligation advice

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

Have the solicitors handled many claims in Harefield?

Quittance Legal Services is a nationwide network of award winning personal injury lawyers that helps injured people in Harefield, London and throughout the UK, get the best possible compensation settlement.

In 2017, we have assisted hundreds of claimants throughout London get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, including accidents at work and whiplash.

With a first-rate claims record, our service is designed to be as stress-free as possible. Medical centres in every town in the UK, home appointments (if necessary) and experienced claims specialists, means you can focus on getting back to where you were before your injury.

Does Quittance offer 100% No Win, No Fee

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. Your solicitor fights your case for you, and only gets paid a success fee if they win your case.

Do I need to go with a local lawyer?

Going for a local law firm is not critical as injury cases are handled by phone, post and email.

It is however necessary to go with a company that offers medical facilities near Harefield as claimants will usually have to go to a medical exam.

Further reading - Will I have to attend a medical?

The contrast in the amount of success fees and After the Event (ATE) insurance premiums between different lawyers working on Conditional Fee Agreements often surprises prospective claimants.

To illustrate the point, the amount retained by a successful claimant being awarded compensation of £21,083 for bronchitis can vary from £12,650 to £17,921.

Additional reading Get a quote

Harefield solicitor reviews

Service standards provided by injury lawyers vary enormously.

Speaking to friends or relatives or reading reviews is a great place to start if you are considering which lawyer to select.

Find out more - Personal injury solicitors reviews

What are the road accident statistics in Harefield

The panel of accredited no win, no fee lawyers have years of experience in getting optimum awards for claimants who have sustained an injury in a car or motorcycle accident in Harefield.

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and other vehicles in Harefield are relatively commonplace. Government statistics reveal a total of 1228 accidents (1097 slight accidents, 123 serious accidents and 8 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Barnet local authority. By 2014 accidents increased to 1,276. Incidents in Harefield in 2013 included collisions on the single carriageway of the A334 and M27 roundabout and on the single carriageway of the A27 and A334 roundabout.

Harefield work accident statistics

The most up to date 2019 work injury data for the Eastleigh Local Authority (2013/14) collated under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) by the Government and set out below:

Work accidents in Eastleigh Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Machinery related4
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. exposure to teflon fumes)2
Fall from height11
Animal related (e.g. riding accident)3
Lifting and handling injuries30
Physical attack2
Slip or trip30
Struck against7
Struck by moving vehicle5
Hit by object9
Trapped under falling object2

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor