Great Harwood Personal Injury Solicitors No Win No Fee

Whether you are based in Great Harwood or anywhere else in the UK, Quittance can handle your claim and we will set up a medical assessment at a centre near you .

Have I got a claim for injury compensation?

If you suffered an injury or illness, or became aware of an injury, in the last three years and another party was liable, Quittance's panel of solicitors can help you make a claim for compensation.

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now

Assessing a claim's value at the outset can be complicated, particularly if you have multiple injuries.

If you would like a FREE claim estimate with no obligation to start a claim, call 0800 612 7456.

Alternatively, our compensation calculator will give you an instant estimate of what your claim is worth.

Calculate my claim

Eligibility to claim

Claims should be made within three years of the date of the injury in most cases.

To win a personal injury case, your solicitor must prove:

  • You were owed a duty of care by the defendant
  • That duty was breached by the defendant
  • The defendant's breach caused your injury or illness

The solicitor will discuss each of these points and should look at how they apply in your case.

How much can I claim?

The level of compensation you will be awarded depends on a number of factors. Our online compensation calculator gives you a good idea of the compensation you could win.

Calculate my injury claim

Road traffic accident claims in Great Harwood

Cars involved in a road accident

Accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Great Harwood are reasonably common with statistics showing 32 fatal accidents, 610 serious accidents and 3442 slight accidents in 2013 in Lancashire (Total events were 4084 local authority district. In 2014 the total had increased to 4,367. Accidents in Great Harwood in 2013 included car crashes on the dual carriageway of the A6185 and A678 crossroads and on the single carriageway of the A678 and A680 crossroads.

Quittance's panel of trained personal injury solicitors are experienced in achieving the best settlements for people hurt in a car or motorbike crash in Great Harwood.

See: No win, no fee road accident claim

Work accident claims in Great Harwood

Worker injured in accident

We have helped contractors, self employed or employed people hurt in an accident, from scaffolding erectors to electrical engineers, to claim maximum compensation for their injuries. Work injury statistics in the Ribble Valley local authority are published under legislation by the HSE in the table below:

Workplace accidents in Ribble Valley Local Authority (RIDAGGR)2011/122012/132013/14
Not Known101616
Machinery related injury232
Exposed to fire010
Harmful substance related750
Fall from height697
Injured by an animal020
Physical assault222526
Slip, trip or fall (not from height)301718
Struck against212
Struck by moving vehicle200
Struck by object1179

See: No win, no fee work accident claims

Other types of claim

Clinical negligence in Great Harwood

Medical negligence (clinical negligence) describes when someone suffers injury or illness due to a GP or other medical professional's carelessness. Quittance's specialist solicitor panel can help you claim compensation from the trust or private hospital liable for your injury.

Alternatively, you could use the NHS Resolution process if you are just looking for closure or answers as opposed to a compensation award. For example, to raise a complaint against Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, you can write to Victoria Hospital, Whinney Heys Road, Blackpool, Lancashire.

See: Medical negligence compensation claims

Great Harwood serious injury compensation

We recognise the vital difference injury compensation makes to the lives of severely injured claimants. Quittance's network of expert lawyers fight for maximum compensation for severe injuries. This includes damages for private medical treatment and case costs. Quittance's panel of expert solicitor firms work with insurers, the legal system and medical experts ensuring people affected by serious accidents and injuries get medical and financial support. Injuries and medical conditions which are considered by the Courts to be serious include poisoning and serious psychiatric harm.

See: Serious injury compensation claims

Industrial disease

Legal advisors can help claimants with claiming work related compensation for industrial illnesses that include anything from dermatitis claims to chromium related illnesses.

See: Industrial disease compensation claims

Slip, trip and fall accidents

Officially reported statistics underscore the fact that slips and trips are, by a considerable degree, the most frequent cause of accidents leading to injury in the Lancashire workplace in 2015. These types of accident are frequently the initiators of injuries filed under a different category e.g. being hit by moving machinery or a river drowning accident. Public place (Ribble Valley local authority) negligence claims injuries like broken wrists happening on obstructed footpaths are also quite common with recent slips and trips having happened on Pickup St and on King St.

Great Harwood No Win, No Fee Solicitors

You can confidently make a claim without any financial risk with Quittance's No Win, No Fee guarantee. Our national network of solicitors cover Great Harwood and across the UK.

Read more: No win, no fee compensation.

Meet the team

The national network of Quittance solicitors handle all injury compensation claims in Great Harwood, from less severe claims to life-changing injury. Chosen for their success rate in winning claims, our lawyers have years of dedicated experience recovering compensation for their clients.

Click here to meet more of the QLS team.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor

Have Quittance solicitors handled many claims in Great Harwood?

Quittance is a national network of expert personal injury lawyers that assists injured people in Great Harwood, Lancashire and across the UK, get the best possible compensation settlement.

Our expert solicitors have helped hundreds of people in Lancashire get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from injuries sustained from a fall at work to car accidents.

With a 90% success rate, we make the claim process as easy and stress-free as possible. Local medical appointments, home appointments (if necessary) and a team of experts only a phone call away, means you can focus on your recovery.

Frequently asked questions

Does Quittance offer 100% No Win, No Fee

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. Your solicitor fights your case for you, and only gets paid a success fee if they win your case.

How to approach choosing the best no win no fee personal injury solicitor

It can take many months for the majority of claims to reach a settlement. Matters involving serious injury or disputed liability can take years in some circumstances. The SRA regulate the legal advice given by personal injury solicitors, but they are not responsible for many issues of interest to people affected by injury, such as quality of service or speed of communication.

Your legal representative should be someone you can trust throughout your claim to give legal guidance and practical advice.

Solicitor reviews in Great Harwood - What to consider

There is often no substitute for picking up the phone and talking to a solicitor about your claim. Personal injury solicitor reviews are a great resource to compare the quality of service offered by different firms.

The difference in insurance premiums and success fees between solicitors can have a significant impact on your compensation.

As an example the amount of compensation retained by a claimant having been awarded ?12,365 for chest injuries can vary from ?7,419 to ?10,510.

Additional reading How to compare injury solicitors quotes

Do you need to select a local Great Harwood lawyer ?

Choosing a nearby solicitors office is not important as cases are managed by phone and email.

However, you should choose a solicitors' firm that offers a national network as you will usually be expected to go to a medical assessment.

Further reading : Do Quittance offer medical home visits?

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

About the author

Howard qualified as a solicitor in 1984 and has specialised in personal injury for over 25 years. He is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is a recognised Law Society Personal Injury Panel expert.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert