Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

Whether you were injured as the result of a negligent road user, employer or anyone else, we are here to help.

Our personal injury services

We have helped injured people in Finedon, Northamptonshire and across the UK get compensation for:

Can I claim compensation?

It should be possible to make a compensation claim if you suffered an injury:

  • in the last three years (limitation) and
  • was caused by another party (causation) and
  • that party owed you a duty of care (liability).

Are there any exceptions?

Yes. In practice, there are several factors that can have a bearing on whether a successful claim will be possible, such as the context of your injury or whether the claim is considered to be low-quantum.

A brief phone consultation will tell you whether you have a valid compensation claim. There is no obligation to start a claim with Quittance. You can also find out if you have a claim with our Injury Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Road accident claims in Finedon

If you were hurt on Finedon's roads due to the negligence of another driver, you have a right to claim compensation.

It does not matter whether you were involved in a motorcycle accident on Finedon's roads, or were hurt in a car collision, this road accident compensation claim guide sets out everything you need to know about starting a claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Finedon

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim financial compensation for your injuries and any other losses or expenses.

Whatever your job is, whether you slipped a disc or have been exposed to toxic chemicals, our work accident claim guide sets out everything you need to know about making a successful work accident claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Injuries in a public place

Officially reported statistics demonstrate that employee slips and trips continue to be the most prevalent cause of accidents leading to injury in the Northamptonshire workplace in 2015. They are often connected to injuries categorised as something else such as being hit by an object falling from a vehicle or a quarry drowning accident. Public place legal claims for injuries such as fractured wrists happening on obstructed footpaths are also common with street trips having occurred on Wellingborough Rd and on Farm Rd.

Public place accident claims

Clinical negligence

When a patient suffers injury or illness as the result of the carelessness of a doctor, nurse or other health worker, it may be possible to make a clinical negligence claim. Quittance's specialist solicitor panel can help you claim compensation from the NHS trust or private clinic responsible.

If you just want a detailed explanation of what happened rather than injury compensation, you could make a formal complaint. For example, you can contact Kettering General Hospital, Rothwell Road, Kettering, Northamptonshire, to follow the formal NHS complaints process against Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.

Further information: Clinical negligence compensation claim

Medical negligence claims

Industrial disease

Litigators can help claimants with getting compensation for diverse industrial illnesses that range from chemical poisoning to hand arm vibration syndrome compensation.

Further information: Industrial disease compensation claim

Industrial disease claims

Finedon No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Finedon injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Finedon, Northamptonshire and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

How do I start a claim?

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

Have the solicitors handled many claims in Finedon?

We are a UK-wide network of expert personal injury lawyers that helps people injured in Finedon, Northamptonshire and across the UK, get compensated for their injuries.

In the last 12 months, we helped 100's of injured claimants throughout Northamptonshire seek compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from public place accidents to industrial disease.

Local medical appointments, home visits (if required) and an expert team at the end of the phone, mean making a claim is as easy and stress-free as possible.

Does Quittance offer 100% No Win, No Fee

If your claim is not successful, our No Win, No Fee policy covers 100% of your legal fees. Your solicitor fights your case for you, and only gets paid a success fee if they win your case.

Do I need to instruct a local Finedon injury lawyer?

Going for a local solicitor is less important as injury cases now tend to be run by phone, post and email.

However, you should go with a law firm with medical facilities near Finedon as you will usually be expected to attend a medical exam.

More - Do Quittance have a local medical centre?

The disparity in the level of fees charged by firms is a material consideration for claimants.

To illustrate the point, the amount of compensation retained by an injured person being awarded compensation of £27,075 for complicated leg fractures could conceivably vary from £16,245 to £23,014.

Further reading How much can you claim?

Finedon personal injury solicitor reviews

The quality of legal advice offered by lawyers, as with any professional service, can vary significantly.

Researching online reviews can certainly be instructive if you are attempting to decide which solicitor to act for you.

Read more Personal injury solicitors reviews

What are the road accident statistics in Finedon

Quittance's network of certified no win no fee personal injury solicitors have vast experience in obtaining the highest general and special damages for people who have been hurt in a road accident in Finedon.

Further information: No win, no fee road accident claim

Finedon work accident statistics

The latest 2019 injury and illness figures in the Wellingborough Local Authority (2013/14) are listed in accordance with RIDDOR regulations by the HSE as follows:

Work accidents in Wellingborough Local Authority HSE)Reported Injuries
Not specified19
Electrical injury0
Machinery related9
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. pesticide related illnesses)1
Fall from height12
Animal related (e.g. serious cat scratches)0
Manual handling37
Physical assault3
Slip, trip or fall15
Struck against6
Struck by moving vehicle3
Struck by object12

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor