Were you injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

If either you or a member of your family have been hurt in an accident, we can help you make a compensation claim.

Our services

We have helped injured people in Dorking, Surrey and throughout the UK get compensation for:

Can I claim?

You should be able to claim financial compensation for your injury if the accident (or 'date of knowledge') happened:

  • within the last three years (except in the case of children), and;
  • another person was negligent or at fault, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any exceptions?

Yes. In reality, a number of factors can impact whether a successful no win, no fee claim will be possible, such as the circumstances of your injury or whether there was a criminal incident.

A short phone call will tell you whether you can claim. You will be under no obligation to start a claim with Quittance. You can also find out if you have a claim with our Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Road accident claims in Dorking

You should be able to make a claim for compensation if you are hurt on Dorking's roads due to another road user's negligence.

It does not matter if you were injured in a motorbike accident, or have been hurt in a collision, this guide to road accident claims sets out what you need to know about what to do.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Dorking

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim compensation.

Whatever your job is, whether you are a chef injured in a kitchen or nurse injured in a hospital, our guide to work accident claims shows you how to make a successful compensation claim.

Work accident claims

Other types of claim

Injuries in a public place

Officially reported statistics underline the fact that slips, trips and falls are the most common cause of injury in the Surrey workplace. These types of accident are sometimes the forerunner to accidents attributed to other reasons e.g. being hit by tools in use, a fall from a ladder or an exposure to an explosion accident. Public place (Mole Valley local authority) accident claims injuries like broken wrists suffered on poorly maintained roads are also quite prevalent with street falls having occurred on Spook Hill and on High Street.

Public place accident claims

Industrial disease

Injury solicitors can help with claiming maximum compensation for industrial illness that include anything from noise induced hearing loss to cancer caused by diesel exhaust fumes.

Further information: Industrial disease compensation claims

Industrial disease claims

More claim types

The Courts recognise that serious injuries will have a significant impact on an injured person. Quittance's team fight for maximum compensation for serious and catastrophic injury and illness, including reimbursement for physiotherapy and treatment. The panel of solicitor firms have helped families claim damages for numerous chronic conditions and catastrophic injuries. Injuries referred to as serious and catastrophic range from concussion to cerebral palsy.

Further information: Serious injury compensation claims

Other types of claim

Dorking No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Dorking injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Dorking, Surrey and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Free, no obligation advice

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

Have the solicitors handled many Dorking claims?

Quittance Legal Services (QLS) is a UK-wide network of results-focussed personal injury solicitors that assists claimants in Dorking, Surrey and across the UK, get compensated for their injuries.

In 2017, we helped hundreds of people across Surrey seek compensation for a range of injury circumstances, including workplace accidents and motorbike pillion passenger accidents.

Local medical appointments, home appointments (if required) and expert advice, mean that making an injury claim is as easy and stress-free as possible.

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You won't have to pay a penny to start a claim.

Will I need to choose a local injury lawyer?

The whereabouts of the solicitor is not so relevant as cases are usually conducted without the need to meet the solicitor.

However, you should select a solicitors' firm that offers national medical centres (possibly even home visits) as claimants will usually need to go to a medical exam.

The disparity in the amount of success fees charged by law firms working on Conditional Fee Agreements (CFA) is a material consideration for claimants.

E.g. the amount of compensation retained by a successful claimant accepting a settlement of £101,927 for spinal cord damage could vary from £61,156 to £86,638.

Additional reading Compare solicitors

Reviews for injury lawyers in Dorking

Discussing you claim with a solicitor is useful if you have any questions about their approach. Reviews for personal injury law firms are a great resource to compare the approach taken by individual firms.

What are the road accident statistics in Dorking

Road accidents involving cars, motorbikes and other vehicles in Dorking are quite common. Official statistics show a total of 5223 accidents (4624 slight accidents, 581 serious accidents and 18 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Surrey local authority. By 2014 the total had increased to 5,408. Accidents in the Dorking area in 2013 included collisions on the A24 and A25 roundabout and on the A24 and B2038 roundabout.

Our network of accredited road traffic accident (RTA) personal injury solicitors have a wealth of experience in getting maximum compensation for people who have been injured in a car accident in Dorking.

What are the Dorking work accident statistics?

The latest 2019 injury and illness stats for the Mole Valley Local Authority (2013/14) are listed in accordance with RIDDOR by the Government in the following table:

Workplace accidents in Mole Valley Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Electric shock injury0
Machinery related4
Explosives related0
Exposure to harmful substance1
Fall from height4
Animal related (e.g. serious cat scratches)0
Lifting and handling injuries9
Slip, trip, fall same level16
Struck against0
Hit by vehicle0
Hit by object8

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor