Were you injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?

If either you were injured or became sick and someone else was at fault, we're here to help.

Whether you were injured as the result of a negligent driver, employer or any other party, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim.

Every year, we help injured people in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester and across the UK get compensation for:

Can I claim?

It should be possible to make a compensation claim if you suffered an injury.

  • within the last three years (except in the case of children), and;
  • another person was negligent or at fault, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other factors that could affect my right to claim?

Yes. Practically speaking, there are several factors that can have a bearing on whether a successful compensation claim will be possible, including the type of illness or injury, whether there is an untraceable defendant or whether liability can be proved.

If you would like to find out if you have a claim, speak to us now on 0800 376 1001. You can also find out if you have a claim with our Instant Claim Checker.

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Road accident claims in Cheadle Hulme

Road users have a right to make a claim for compensation if they are hurt on Cheadle Hulme's roads due to someone else's actions.

It does not matter if you sustained an injury riding a cycle on Cheadle Hulme's roads, or were a passenger in a car accident, we are here to help. This road accident claim guide explains everything you need to know about how to get started.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Cheadle Hulme

Have you have had an accident at work and your employer, or another member of staff, was to blame? If so you may be able to claim compensation through your employer's liability insurance.

Whether you had a crush injury or have been exposed to toxic chemicals, our work injury claim guide explains your legal rights and how to start a successful no win no fee claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Accidents in a public place

Officially reported data indicate that slips and trips are the single most common cause of accidents leading to injury in the Greater Manchester workplace. Slips, trips and falls are sometimes the cause of accidents recorded in a different category for instance being hit by a falling object, when supporting another person or a river drowning accident. Public place litigation for injuries like pulled muscles experienced on obstructed walkways are also common with pavement trips having occurred on Stockport Rd and on Cuddington Crescent.

Public place accident claims

Clinical negligence

Clinical negligence describes when a person suffers injury or illness due to the lack of care of a GP, nurse or other health worker. If you have been the victim of medical negligence, the panel of specialist clinical negligence solicitors can help you make a claim against the NHS hospital or private clinic that was responsible.

If you only want the hospital to explain what happened instead of claiming compensation, you can raise a formal complaint. For example, you can contact Cobbett House, Oxford Road, Manchester, Greater Manchester, to go through the NHS complaints procedure against Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.

Further information: Medical negligence compensation claims

Medical negligence claims

More claim types

The Quittance team understand the vital change a successful claim can make to the lives of people who have been affected by serious injury. A claim should ease the financial burden on a claimant and their family so they can prioritise recovery and rehabilitation.

The panel of solicitor firms communicate with insurance companies, medical practitioners and the legal system ensuring claimants impacted by serious accidents and injuries get the legal and medical support they need. Injury and illness held by the Courts to be serious and catastrophic range from multiple fractures to major surgical negligence.

Further information: Serious injury compensation claims

Other types of claim

Cheadle Hulme No Win, No Fee solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects you by ensuring that you will not need to pay any legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful. No Win, No Fee agreements are also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Cheadle Hulme injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront with a CFA.

No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our panel of No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your personal injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer before the claim process starts.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure you will have nothing to pay.

Read more:

Making a No Win, No Fee claim

How we can help you

Your solicitor will fight for the best possible compensation settlement for you, and the highly-experienced panel of solicitors have an excellent track record of winning injury claims in Cheadle Hulme and cross the UK.

If you have any questions, or would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, we are open:

  • 8am to 9pm weekdays
  • 9am to 6pm on Saturday
  • 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday

Call us for FREE advice on 0800 376 1001, or arrange a call back from a friendly, legally-trained advisor:

Call me back
  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

Has Quittance won many injury claims in Cheadle Hulme?

Quittance Legal Services is a national panel of specialist personal injury solicitors that helps claimants in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester and across the country, get compensation.

The solicitors have helped 100's of claimants in Greater Manchester get compensation for a range of accidents and injuries, including car accidents and scaffolding accidents.

Local medical centres, home appointments (if necessary) and an expert team, make our claims process as clear and straightforward as possible.

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This gives you the peace of mind that you will never be out of pocket.

Will I have to choose a law firm near me?

Claimants are not restricted to local firms and can make a selection based on the success fee a solicitor charges or other service factors.

Medical examinations will usually need to be conducted locally. Quittance's national network of medical professionals will assist with this critical stage of the claims process.

Your lawyer will arrange for a medical practitioner in your area to conduct your medical.

The diversity in fees between law firms is huge.

For instance the amount of compensation retained by an injured person being awarded compensation of £27,068 for complicated leg fractures might vary from £16,241 to £23,008.

More information Get a quote

Cheadle Hulme personal injury solicitor reviews

The standards of communication and advice provided by solicitors, as with any service, vary enormously.

Researching reviews can be enlightening if you are thinking about which lawyer best serves your needs.

See Personal injury lawyer reviews

What are the road accident statistics in Cheadle Hulme

The panel of certified no win no fee solicitors have a wealth of experience in securing optimum compensation for anyone who has sustained an injury in a road accident in Cheadle Hulme.

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorcycles and other vehicles in Cheadle Hulme are relatively frequent with statistics showing 3 fatal accidents, 43 serious accidents and 396 slight accidents in 2013 in Stockport (Total events were 442 local authority. By 2014 total accidents had decreased to 405. Incidents in the Cheadle Hulme area in 2013 included road traffic collisions on the single carriageway of the A560 and A5149 junction and on the single carriageway of the A34 and B5358 slip road.

What are the Cheadle Hulme work accident statistics?

The latest 2019 work injury statistics in the Stockport Local Authority (2013/14) reported under reporting legislation by the HSE and set out below:

RIDAGGR reported work accidents in Stockport Local AuthorityReported Injuries
Electric shock injury1
Machinery related12
Explosion related1
Fire related (e.g. burns)1
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. perchlorate)3
Fall from height (ladder)26
Animal related (e.g. dog bites)1
Lifting and carrying64
Physical assault42
Slip or trip86
Struck against10
Struck by moving vehicle5
Hit by object29
Trapped underneath something1

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor