A guide to making a personal injury claim

By Paul Carvis

Whether you live in Billingshurst or anywhere in the country, our experienced injury solicitors can assist with your claim and we will arrange a medical assessment at a medical centre near you.

Can I make a claim for compensation?

Updated: September 19, 2016

If you were injured in the last three years and someone else was to blame, our personal injury solicitors can help you make a claim.

Find out if you have a claimUse our online claim checker

Eligibility to claim

Personal injury claims should be made within a 3-year window in most cases.

For most claims, proving a claim has three key components. It must be proven on the balance of probabilities that:

  • the person or company causing the injury owed you a duty of care
  • the duty of care was breached
  • this breach caused your illness or injury
Back to top

Calculate your compensation

The amount of compensation you will receive depends on a number of criteria. Our easy to use calculator provides you with an accurate estimate of your likely award or settlement.

Find out how much you can claimUse our compensation calculator
Back to top

Work accident claims in Billingshurst

Worker injured in accident

Quittance has handled claims for Claimants, from catering assistants to building services engineers, to secure financial compensation awards. Work injury information for the Chichester local authority are detailed under reporting legislation by the HSE in the table below:

Work accidents in Chichester Local Authority (RIDAGGR)2011/122012/132013/14
Contact with machinery4510
Fire related (e.g. burns)200
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. food poisoning)310
Fall from height (ladder)12913
Animal related (e.g. serious cat scratches)220
Lifting and carrying453943
Physical attack424
Slip, trip or fall653941
Struck against465
Struck by moving vehicle115
Struck by object251316
Crushed by something collapsing200

More about Work injury claims

Back to top

Road traffic accident claims in Billingshurst

Cars involved in a road accident

Our group of proficient no win no fee litigators have decades of experience in fighting for the best damages for Claimants injured in a car or motorbike accident in Billingshurst.

Road traffic accidents involving all vehicles in Billingshurst are quite common. Government statistics reveal a total of 2554 accidents (2116 slight accidents, 408 serious accidents and 30 fatal accidents) in 2013 in West Sussex council area. In 2014 the total had increased to 2,748. Accidents in the Billingshurst area in 2013 included road traffic collisions on the single carriageway of the A272 and B2133 junction and on the A29 and A272 roundabout.

More about Road accident compensation

Back to top

Other types of claim

Clinical and medical negligence in Billingshurst

Clinical (or medical) negligence is the term for when a patient is injured as the result of a consultant or other health professional's carelessness. If you have been the victim of clinical negligence, we can help you claim compensation from the NHS trust or private clinic.

If you only want closure as opposed to starting an injury claim, you could make a formal complaint. For example, to make a formal complaint against Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, you can contact Holtye Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex.

More about Medical negligence compensation

Slip and trip injuries

Recorded data underscore the fact that employee slips and trips are, by a considerable degree, the most prevalent cause of accidents leading to injury in the West Sussex workplace. They are quite often related to accidents recorded in another category for instance being struck by moving machinery or an electrical discharge accident. Public place (Chichester local authority) claims for injuries such as sprained arms happening on pavement ice are also common with falls having happened on Petworth Rd and on Guildford Rd.

Serious injury experts serving Billingshurst

Courts understand that serious injuries can have a life-altering impact on a Claimant and their family. A claim will ease the financial burden and reduce the pressure on an injured Claimant and their dependants so they can focus on recovery and rehabilitation.

Quittance's network of solicitor firms have aided families claim compensation for many severe conditions and injuries. Injuries and illnesses referred to as serious range from serious pharmaceutical error to multiple fractures.

More about Serious injury compensation

Back to top

Billingshurst No Win, No Fee Solicitors

If you are worried about the cost of making a claim, choosing a 'no win, no fee' solicitor means that no legal fees will be due if your claim is not successful. Our solicitors work on a guaranteed no win, no fee basis in Billingshurst and throughout the UK.

See: No win, no fee personal injury claims.

Back to top

Meet the QLS team

Quittance Legal Services' nationwide network of solicitors take on all types of compensation claims in Billingshurst, including short-term, serious and life-changing injury claims. Chosen for their winning track record, Quittance's panel solicitors have years of experience.

Click here to meet more of the QLS team.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor
Back to top

Have you won many injury claims in Billingshurst?

Quittance is a national network of results-focussed personal injury solicitors dedicated to helping claimants in Billingshurst, West Sussex and across the country, obtain compensation.

Last year, we have helped 100's of injured claimants throughout West Sussex seek compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from accidents on the road to workplace accidents.

With a 90% success rate, we offer a service that is as clear and straightforward as possible. Local medical centres, home visits (where necessary) and specialist advice, means you can focus on getting back to where you were before your injury.

Back to top

Frequently asked questions

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This gives you the peace of mind that you will never be out of pocket.

Advice for potential Claimants looking for a lawyer

It can take many months for most minor injury claims to reach a settlement. Matters for very serious injury or illness can take much longer. All solicitors are regulated by the SRA, however service levels can vary.

Considering the effect your legal representative can have on your experience of making a claim, choosing a lawyer that matches your needs is a crucial first step.

Do I need a local lawyer ?

Going for a local solicitors office is not so relevant as cases now tend to be run without the need to meet the solicitor.

It is however necessary to go with a solicitors' firm that has national medical centres as Claimants will usually have to attend a medical assessment.

Reviews for personal injury solicitors in Billingshurst

Talking to a solicitor about your case is an easy way to identify whether they are a good fit. Before you call, checking personal injury solicitor reviews should give you a better idea of the level of service on offer.

The diversity in success fees and After the Event (ATE) insurance premiums between different lawyers often surprises Claimants.

For instance the amount of compensation retained by an injured person agreeing on a settlement of ?55,196 for severe complex regional pain syndrome can range from ?33,117 to ?46,916.

Further reading How to compare injury solicitors quotes

Case studies

Serious Injury Solicitor

Rakhi Chauhan secures £80,000 following a road collision with a lorry

The victim was forced off the road when a lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Read more
Serious Injury Solicitor

Kevin Walker obtains £80,000 for a construction worker's catastrophic hand injury

The worker also recieved trauma-specialist physiotherapy, welfare advice and state-of-the-art prostheses.

Read more
Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

About the author

Paul is a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel, a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, and has served as a Deputy District Judge, giving him a uniquely broad understanding of the claims process.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert