Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

If you've been injured in an accident, we can help you to claim compensation for any pain, suffering and financial losses.

How we can help you

We have helped injured people in Bakewell, Derbyshire and throughout the UK claim compensation for:

Am I entitled to make a personal injury claim?

You should be able to claim financial compensation for your injury if the accident (or 'date of knowledge') happened:

  • in the last three years, and;
  • someone else was to blame, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other points to consider?

Yes. There are a number of other factors that can affect whether a successful compensation claim will be possible, such as the type of accident or whether a child was injured.

Why not speak to a legal expert now on 0800 376 1001 to find out if you have a claim. You can also find out if you have a claim with our Online Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Road accident claims in Bakewell

Bakewell drivers and other road users should be able to make a claim for compensation if they have been injured because of someone else's actions.

Whether you were injured in a motorbike accident, or were hurt in a collision at a junction, Quittance's expert guide sets out how to start a road accident claim.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Bakewell

If you?ve suffered an injury following an accident at work, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries and any other losses or expenses.

However your injury occurred, whether you are a security guard injured in the line of duty or a shop worker injured on retail premises, our guide to work accident claims explains your legal rights and how you can make a successful no win no fee claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Accidents in a public place

Health and Safety statistics show that slips, trips and falls are, by some degree, the most frequent accident at work in Derbyshire and the UK as a whole. Slips and trips are sometimes lead to accidents recorded in another category, such as being hit by an object falling from a lifting machinery, when supporting another person or an electrocution accident. Public place compensation claims for injuries such as pulled muscles sustained on obstructed walkways are also common with slips having occurred on Fountain Square and on Baslow Rd.

Public place accident claims

Medical negligence

When a patient is injured due to the carelessness of a doctor, nurse or other medical professional, it may be possible to claim compensation for medical negligence. Our expert solicitor panel can help you claim compensation from the trust or private hospital liable for your injury.

You could use the NHS Resolution process if you just want answers instead of claiming compensation. To go through the NHS complaints procedure against Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, for example, you can write to Top Road, Calow, Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

Read more: Clinical negligence compensation

Medical negligence claims

More claim types

We recognise the critical difference a compensation claim makes to people who have been impacted by catastrophic and serious injury. Compensation will ease the impact of bills other financial issues and reduce stress so a claimant and their family so they can prioritise recovery. Quittance's network of law firms have aided claimants recover compensation for numerous major injuries and conditions. Injury and illness referred to as catastrophic or serious include degloving injuries, serious psychiatric harm and chemical burns.

Read more: Catastrophic injury compensation

Other types of claim

Bakewell No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Bakewell injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Bakewell, Derbyshire and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

How do I start a claim?

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

How much experience do you have of handling claims in Bakewell?

Quittance Legal Services is a national network of SRA regulated solicitors that helps people in Bakewell, Derbyshire and throughout the country, obtain compensation.

Our specialist solicitors have helped 100's of injured claimants throughout Derbyshire get compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from workplace accidents to whiplash.

With an excellent claims record, our service is designed to be as clear and straightforward as possible. Medical centres in every town in the UK, home appointments (if necessary) and an expert team at the end of the phone, means you can focus on getting back to where you were before your injury.

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This gives you the peace of mind that you will never be out of pocket.

What should you look for when comparing Bakewell solicitor reviews?

There is often no substitute for picking up the phone and talking to a solicitor about your claim. Before picking up the phone, looking up personal injury solicitor reviews should give you a clear understanding of the difference between service levels offered by firms.

Do you need a local solicitor?

The location of a law firm is not so critical as cases are handled without the need to meet the solicitor.

It is however necessary to instruct a firm with national medical centres (possibly even home visits) as you will usually need to attend a medical exam.

More details : Do you have a local medical centre?

What are the road accident statistics in Bakewell

Road traffic accidents involving cars, motorbikes and all other vehicles in Bakewell are relatively commonplace. Official statistics show a total of 2306 accidents (2004 slight accidents, 278 serious accidents and 24 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Derbyshire Dales local authority district. In 2014 accidents increased to 2,312. Incidents in Bakewell in 2013 included collisions on the single carriageway of the A6 and A6020 junction and on the single carriageway of the A619 and A6020 junction.

Our network of expert no win no fee solicitors have years of experience in negotiating maximum awards for anyone who has sustained an injury in a car or motorcycle accident in Bakewell.

Work accident statistics in Bakewell

The most recent 2019 accident at work stats in the Derbyshire Dales Local Authority (2013/14) are published in accordance with regulations by the Government in the following table:

Work accidents in Derbyshire Dales Local Authority (RIDAGGR)Reported Injuries
Machinery related5
Fire related (e.g. scarrs)0
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. benzene)1
Fall from height3
Animal related (e.g. riding accident)2
Manual handling17
Physical assault4
Slip or trip34
Struck against3
Struck by moving vehicle2
Struck by object15
Trapped under falling object2

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor