Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault?

Whether you were injured as the result of a negligent road user, employer or anyone else, we are here to help.

Our services

We have helped injured claimants in Armthorpe, South Yorkshire and across the UK get compensation for:

Am I eligible to make a personal injury claim?

It should be possible to make a compensation claim if you suffered an illness or injury:

  • within the last three years (except in the case of children), and;
  • another person was negligent or at fault, and;
  • that person owed you a duty of care.

Are there any other considerations?

Yes. In practice, various other factors can affect whether a successful claim will be possible, such as the type of illness or injury or whether a child was injured.

We can give you a clearer answer over the phone. Speak to a personal injury solicitor now on 0800 376 1001. Alternatively, find out if you have a claim with our Injury Claim Checker:

Check my claim

How much compensation can I claim for an injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the extent of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injury has affected your life. Your solicitor will take all of these effects into account to calculate the correct compensation award for you.

This calculation will factor in 'general damages' and 'special damages'.

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident.

What can I claim for after an injury? (see list)

Examples of special damages (losses you can claim for) include:

  • Lost earnings (including future earnings)
  • Medical treatment costs
  • Physiotherapy
  • Travel costs
  • Costs of care
  • Costs of adapting your home or car

Calculate my injury compensation

Calculating how much compensation you can claim for an injury can be complicated.

Our injury compensation calculator tells you if you may have a claim, how much compensation you could claim, and what you can claim for.

Find out what your injury claim could be worth now:

Calculate compensation

Armthorpe road accident claims

Road users can make a claim for compensation if they have been hurt on Armthorpe's roads because of someone else's actions.

No matter if you have suffered an injury in a hit-and-run, or were hurt in a crash on Armthorpe's roads, Quittance's guide to road accident compensation claims explains everything you need to know about how to get started.

Road accident claims

Work accident claims in Armthorpe

Have you suffered an injury at work and your employer, or another member of staff, was to blame? If so you may be able to claim compensation through their liability insurance.

Whatever you do for a living, whether you are a caterer injured in a kitchen or a shop worker injured on retail premises, our guide to work accident claims explains your legal rights and how to start a successful no win no fee claim.

Work accident claims

Other claim types

Accidents in a public place

Official figures show that slips, trips and falls are, by a considerable degree, the most prevalent cause of accidents leading to injury in the South Yorkshire workplace. Slips, trips and falls are quite often the initiators of injuries categorised as another type of accident for instance being hit by an object falling from a vehicle or an asphyxiation accident. Public liability accident claims injuries like broken ankles occurring on obstructed footpaths are also quite prevalent with recent slips having occurred on Thorne Rd and on Livingstone Avenue.

Public place accident claims

Medical negligence

Clinical (or medical) negligence is the term used when someone suffers injury or illness as the result of a doctor or other health worker's lack of care. If you have been injured by clinical negligence, we can help you make a claim against the NHS trust or private clinic.

Alternatively, you could make a formal complaint if you just want closure or answers instead of claiming compensation. For example, you can contact Gawber Road, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, to make a complaint against Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.

Further information: No win, no fee medical negligence claim

Medical negligence claims

More claim types

We understand the vital change injury compensation makes to seriously injured claimants. A successful claim will ease the financial load and take the pressure off a claimant and their dependants enabling them to focus on recovery.

Quittance's network of solicitor firms have helped families receive compensation for a range of catastrophic injuries and chronic conditions. Injuries referred to as serious range from spinal cord damage to birth negligence.

Further information: No win, no fee serious injury claims

Other types of claim

Armthorpe No win, no fee Solicitors

A No Win, No Fee agreement protects injured claimants by ensuring that they will not need to pay any legal fees if their claim is unsuccessful. This agreement is also called a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.

Under a CFA, Armthorpe injury claimants will also not have to pay any fees upfront.

The Quittance No Win, No Fee guarantee

Our No Win, No Fee solicitors have helped injured people in Armthorpe, South Yorkshire and throughout the UK make a claim without any financial risk to you.

What do I pay if I win my injury claim?

Your injury solicitor will receive a success fee when they settle your injury claim. This fee is deducted from your final compensation.

By law, a solicitor's success fee can be up to a maximum of 25%, whichever law firm you choose.

You can discuss the success fee percentage with your injury lawyer, before the claim process starts.

What do I pay if I do not win my injury claim?

You will not have to pay any legal fees if your solicitor does not win your injury claim. Your solicitor may take out insurance to ensure there will be nothing to pay.

Read more about making a No win, no fee claim

Friendly and professional advice

Specialist solicitors with an excellent track record of securing injury compensation for claimants.

Your lawyer will work hard to ensure you receive a compensation settlement that accurately reflects the pain, suffering and losses you have incurred as the result of your injury.

If would like to start a No Win No Fee claim, or have any questions at all, speak to us.

We are open 8am to 9pm weekdays, 9am to 6pm on Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.

Call us FREE 0800 376 1001 or arrange a callback:

Call me back

  • Tick icon FREE consultation
  • Tick icon Find out if you can claim
  • Tick icon No obligation to start a claim

Frequently asked questions

What experience do the solicitors have of injury claims in Armthorpe?

Quittance Legal Services is a nationwide network of results-focussed solicitors that assists people injured in Armthorpe, South Yorkshire and throughout the country, get maximum compensation for their injuries.

Last year, we have helped 100's of injured claimants across South Yorkshire seek compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from cycling accidents to accidents in the office.

With a success rate of over 90%, our service is designed to be as stress-free as possible. Local medical appointments, home appointments (if required) and specialist advice, means you can focus on your recovery.

Are claims run on a 100% No Win, No Fee basis?

If your claim is not successful, 100% of the solicitor's fees are covered. You don't have to pay any costs upfront, and only pay a standard success fee at the end, if you win your case.

Check Armthorpe solicitor reviews

The quality of legal advice provided by injury lawyers, as with any professional service, can differ considerably.

Online personal injury solicitor reviews can be informative when weighing up which solicitor to go with.

See Personal injury lawyer reviews

The diversity in the level of personal injury fees between different lawyers working on CFAs (Conditional Fee Agreement) is quite significant

For instance the amount of financial compensation retained by a successful claimant having been awarded £79,476 for serious neck injuries involving fractures or damage to discs can vary from £47,686 to £67,555.

Read more at How much can you claim?

Will you need to go with a local legal firm?

The location of the solicitors office is not so critical as injury cases now tend to be run without the need to meet the solicitor.

It is however necessary to select a company that has national medical centres (possibly even home visits) as claimants will almost always have to go to an independent medical examination.

More - Do I have to attend a medical?

What are the road accident statistics in Armthorpe

Quittance's group of qualified no win no fee injury lawyers have decades of experience in negotiating the best damages for people who have been hurt in a car or motorbike accident in Armthorpe.

Road traffic accidents involving vehicles in Armthorpe are relatively commonplace with statistics showing a total of 1186 accidents (1068 slight accidents, 108 serious accidents and 10 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Doncaster local authority district. In 2014 the total had increased to 1,237.

Armthorpe work accident statistics

The most up to date 2019 accident at work stats for the Doncaster Local Authority (2013/14) reported in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) by the Government in the table below:

Workplace accidents in Doncaster Local Authority (HSE)Reported Injuries
Electric shock0
Machinery related22
Exposed to fire1
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. food poisoning)4
Fall from height (ladder)34
Injured by an animal4
Manual handling111
Physical assault52
Slip, trip, fall same level130
Struck against10
Hit by vehicle11
Hit by falling object74
Trapped under falling object1

Can I claim for someone else?

Yes. In certain circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation on behalf of another person in the capacity of a 'litigation friend'.

If an injured person is either too young or vulnerable, too injured or otherwise unable to claim on their own behalf, their litigation friend can handle the claim process on behalf of the injured person.

The litigation friend will be responsible for communicating with the solicitors, and for making decisions in respect of the claim.

Read more about claiming on behalf of another person.

Can I claim if I was partly responsible for an accident?

You may still be able to claim compensation even if you contributed to your accident or to your injuries.

However, if you were partly to blame (known as contributory negligence), your compensation may be reduced and it may be more difficult to prove liability.

Read more about claiming compensation if you were partly responsible for an accident.

How long will my claim take?

The length of time needed to secure compensation can vary considerably.

For example, straightforward car accident claims can settle in a matter of weeks, whereas complex medical negligence cases can take years.

Injury claims can also take longer if it is not clear who is responsible for your injury, or if liability is denied by the defendant.

Taken from average case times, this table sets out approximately how long personal injury claims take to settle:

Personal injury claim type

Estimated claim duration*

Road accident claims

4 to 9 months

Work accident claims

6 to 9 months

Medical negligence claims

12 to 36 months

Industrial disease claims

12 to 18 months

Public place or occupiers’ liability claims

6 to 9 months

MIB claims (uninsured drivers)

3 to 4 months**

CICA claims (criminal assault)

12 to 18 months**

*RTA and other claims processed through the Ministry of Justice portal can settle faster.
**Official Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)  Government agency and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) figures.

Read more about how long personal injury claims take.

Will I have to go to court?

Highly unlikely. The vast majority of claims that are settled by the solicitor panel are settled out of court.

Only a very small percentage (approx. 5%) of personal injury claims go to court. Generally, only very complex cases, or those where liability cannot be resolved, end up in court.

Cases that do ultimately go to court are held in front of a judge, not a jury.

Read more: Will my injury claim go to court and what if it does?

Will I have to go to a solicitor's office?

No. You will not need visit a solicitor's office. As with most professional services, it is no longer necessary to meet face to face with your solicitor. Personal injury claims are dealt with via email, post and telephone.

Should you need to have a medical, this will be arranged at a medical centre near you or at your GP's surgery.

Read more: Will I have to visit a solicitor's office?

Can I get an early compensation payment?

If you suffer financial hardship as a result of an injury, you may be able to claim an interim compensation payment.

An interim payment is a partial settlement of your claim which is paid before your claim is concluded. The amount you receive in interim payments would then be deducted from your final compensation settlement or award.

Read more about interim compensation payments.

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor

Paul Carvis, Personal injury solicitor