A guide to making a personal injury claim

By Howard Willis

If you live in Aldridge or anywhere in the UK, we can are able to take on your claim and we will set up a medical report at a local medical centre.

Can I make a claim for compensation?

If you suffered an injury or illness, or became aware of an injury, in the last three years and another party was liable, our personal injury solicitors can help you make a claim for compensation.

Do I have a claim?

Qualifying for personal injury compensation

Claims should be made within three years of an injury in most cases.

In order to successfully win an injury claim, your solicitor must demonstrate that the defendant owed you a duty of care, that this duty of care was breached by the defendant, and the breach was the cause of your injury.

What is my claim worth?

The level of compensation you will be awarded is based on the seriousness of your injuries. Our easy to use compensation calculator provides you with a good idea of your potential compensation award.

How much can I claim?

Work accident claims in Aldridge

Worker injured in accident

Quittance has assisted people, from warehouse assistants to advice workers, to claim for their work related injuries. Accident data for the Aldridge local authority are published in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) by the Government in the following table:

Workplace accidents in Walsall Local Authority (HSE)2011/122012/132013/14
Electric shock injury011
Machinery related injury24189
Explosion related (e.g. dust)002
Harmful substance exposure (e.g. chromium)133
Fall from height372821
Animal related (e.g. veterinary)120
Lifting and handling injuries1568996
Physical assault211915
Slip, trip, fall same level11911896
Struck against181418
Struck by moving vehicle10105
Struck by object494437
Crushed by something collapsing103

Further information: Injured at work claim

Road traffic accident claims in Aldridge

Cars involved in a road accident

Quittance's network of expert lawyers have vast experience in achieving the highest awards for people injured in a road accident in Aldridge.

Road accidents involving cars, motorbikes and other vehicles in Aldridge are quite common. Police reporters reveal that there were a total of 577 accidents (496 slight accidents, 76 serious accidents and 5 fatal accidents) in 2013 in Walsall local authority district. By 2014 accidents increased to 730. Incidents in the Aldridge area in 2013 included traffic collisions on the single carriageway of the A454 and B4154 crossroads and on the single carriageway of the A461 and B4153 junction.

Further information: Road accident compensation claim

Other claims we handle

Serious injury lawyers in Aldridge

The effect serious injury has will be acknowledged by the Courts when determining a claim.

By relieving the financial stress serious injury imposes on an injured claimant and their family, a compensation claim helps people to focus on their recovery and rehabilitation.

Further information: Serious injury compensation

Slip, trip and fall injuries

Officially reported figures highlight the fact that employee slips, trips and falls are still the most common cause of accidents leading to injury at work in West Midlands in 2015. Slips and trips are frequently forerunner to injuries recorded in a different category for instance being hit by a runaway vehicle, a lifting injury or a drowning accident. Public place (Walsall local authority) legal claims for injuries like broken shoulders sustained on slippery pavements are also quite common with street falls having happened on Queens Road and on Lichfield Road.

Clinical and medical negligence in Aldridge

When someone is injured or becomes ill due to the carelessness of a GP, nurse or other medical professional, it may be possible to claim compensation for medical negligence. If you have been the victim of medical negligence, we can help you claim compensation from the NHS trust or private clinic at fault.

If you only want closure or answers instead of starting an injury claim, you could follow the NHS complaints procedure. You can contact Trust Headquarters, 3, Priestley Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, for example, to make a complaint against Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Further information: Medical negligence compensation

Aldridge No Win, No Fee Solicitors

You can confidently make a claim without any financial risk with Quittance's No Win, No Fee guarantee. Our national network of solicitors cover Aldridge and across the UK.

See: No win, no fee compensation.

Meet the QLS team

Quittance's national network of solicitors take on all types of compensation claims in Aldridge and have a wealth of experience in short-term, serious and life-changing injury claims. Selected on the basis of their winning track record, our lawyers have years of dedicated experience handling injury claims.

To meet more of our team, click here.

Kevin Walker Serious Injury Panel Solicitor
Rakhi Chauhan Road Accident Panel Solicitor
Tim Fieldhouse Industrial Disease Panel Solicitor

What experience do you have of claims in Aldridge?

Quittance is a nationwide network of SRA regulated personal injury solicitors that helps people in Aldridge, West Midlands and across the UK, get maximum compensation for their injuries.

In 2017, we assisted 100's of claimants throughout the West Midlands seek compensation for a range of injury circumstances, from car accidents to building site accidents.

Medical centres in every town in the UK, home visits (where necessary) and specialist advice, make the claims process as stress-free as possible.

Frequently asked questions

Is your service 100% No Win, No Fee?

Our no win, no fee service means that 100% of your legal fees are covered if your case is not successful. This means you will never be out of pocket.

Advice for those seeking a lawyer

Instructing the best legal expert for your legal case is a critical step towards claiming the highest settlement or award for your injuries.

How can you ensure you select the ideal legal practice to help you?

Do you need to instruct a local solicitor ?

The location of a firm is not very relevant as cases can be run remotely.

You will need to instruct a law firm that offers a national network as claimants will usually be expected to go to a medical assessment.

Read about - Do Quittance offer medical home visits?

Aldridge solicitor reviews

The quality of legal advice provided by lawyers vary enormously.

Online personal injury solicitor reviews can certainly be helpful when mulling over which solicitor to sign up with.

Read more Personal injury solicitor reviews

The diversity in the amount of personal injury success fees and insurance premiums between different firms often surprises claimants.

E.g. the amount of financial compensation retained by a claimant awarded ?36,740 for serious hand injuries can vary from ?22,044 to ?31,229.

Further reading - How to compare personal injury solicitors

Case studies

Serious Injury Solicitor

Rakhi Chauhan secures £80,000 following a road collision with a lorry

The victim was forced off the road when a lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Read more
Serious Injury Solicitor

Kevin Walker obtains £80,000 for a construction worker's catastrophic hand injury

The worker also recieved trauma-specialist physiotherapy, welfare advice and state-of-the-art prostheses.

Read more
Howard Willis, Personal injury solicitor

About the author

Howard qualified as a solicitor in 1984 and has specialised in personal injury for over 25 years. He is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is a recognised Law Society Personal Injury Panel expert.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert