A guide to making a No Win No Fee thumb injury claim
Who can make a thumb injury claim?
- An accident at work - your employer has a duty of care to protect your health and safety in the workplace. If your thumb injury is the result your employer failing in this duty, it is likely that a claim can be made.
- Road accidents or accidents in a public place - if your thumb injury has been caused by the negligence of another party, it may be possible to make a compensation claim. This may be the case in instances such as thumb injury caused by the negligence of a driver in a car accident.
If you are unsure who is at fault for your thumb injury, you can still start a personal injury claim. Your solicitor will be able to gather evidence relating to the accident, to establish the liable party.
How much compensation can I claim for a thumb injury?
- Fractures and breaks
- Ligament and soft tissue damage
- Loss of ability to grip or manipulate the thumb
- Your personal pain and suffering as a result of the injury
- Injury which prevents you from participating in sports or hobbies can include an award for "loss of enjoyment".
- Injury which prevents you from working, and earning a living, can include an award for "loss of earnings".
- Additional expenses incurred - such as medical expenses, travel expenses or costs of hiring home help
No Win, No Fee thumb injury claims explained
No Win, No Fee thumb injury injury claims properly begin with an injured party agreeing, with their solicitor, a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA).
The CFA sets out the work delivered by your case handler as well as a percentage success fee to be deducted from your damages if your case is successful.
You have absolutely no hidden charges when choosing a a Quittance solicitor. You will be able to prioritise your rest and recovery, knowing that there will be absolutely nothing to pay up front.
What to do next
Making the right decision depends on the right information. Get your questions answered before you instruct a lawyer.
Get additional information without having to call a solicitor. Read more frequently asked questions.
Compare personal injury lawyers
Virtually all personal injury solicitors work on a success fee basis (No Win, No Fee). What matters is the success fee they will charge.
Get a personal injury quote and find out how much more of your compensation settlement you could keep with Quittance's injury lawyers.
Call us on 0800 612 7456 to get the personal injury claim underway, or start the personal injury claim here.
Contact a specialist injury lawyer
If you would like to discuss your options first, request a callback at a more convenient time or contact on 0800 612 7456.