Thumb injury compensation claims - Introduction
Do I have a claim for a thumb injury?
If you have suffered a thumb injury in the last three years (longer if children were involved) and someone else was to blame, then we can help you make a compensation claim.
Who can make a thumb injury claim?
- An accident at work - your employer has a duty of care to protect your health and safety in the workplace. If your thumb injury is the result your employer failing in this duty, it is likely that a claim can be made.
- Road accidents or accidents in a public place - if your thumb injury has been caused by the negligence of another party, it may be possible to make a compensation claim. This may be the case in instances such as thumb injury caused by the negligence of a driver in a car accident.
If you are unsure who is at fault for your thumb injury, you can still start a personal injury claim. Your solicitor will be able to gather evidence relating to the accident, to establish the liable party.
Calculate my thumb injury compensation
- Fractures and breaks
- Ligament and soft tissue damage
- Loss of ability to grip or manipulate the thumb
- Your personal pain and suffering as a result of the injury
- Injury which prevents you from participating in sports or hobbies can include an award for "loss of enjoyment".
- Injury which prevents you from working, and earning a living, can include an award for "loss of earnings".
- Additional expenses incurred - such as medical expenses, travel expenses or costs of hiring home help
No Win, No Fee thumb injury claims explained
No Win, No Fee thumb injury claims properly begin with an injured party agreeing, with their solicitor, a Conditional Fee Agreement (or CFA).
The CFA sets out the work delivered by your case handler as well as a percentage success fee to be deducted from your damages if your case is successful.
You have absolutely no hidden charges when choosing a Quittance solicitor. You will be able to prioritise your rest and recovery, knowing that there will be absolutely nothing to pay up front.
Accidents at work - Claiming compensation against your employee
Every year, 600,000* employees are injured in accidents at work. If you have suffered an injury or illness at work, you may able to claim compensation.
Find out if you can claim thumb injury compensation from your employer: Read more about work accident claims
*Source: 2016/17 Health and Safety Executive (HSE) report
Road traffic accident claims
Every year almost 200,000* people are injured on Britain's roads. If you have been injured in a road accident that was not your fault, you can claim compensation.
Find out more about claiming thumb injury compensation for a road accident: Read more about road accident claims
*Source: Official Department of Transport statistics (gov.uk)
Occupiers liability case study
£3,000 compensation for finger injured in a pub View case study