If a crush injury has set you back, we'll help you move forward

Compensation for crush injuries from accidents like being pinned by machinery or collapsed structures, can cover your recovery costs, potential disability costs, psychological aftercare, and any loss of earnings and other expenses.

If your life, or the life of a loved one, has been affected by a crush injury, we can help. If the injuries were caused by someone else's actions or negligence, you may be entitled to claim compensation.

You can make a No Win, No Fee serious injury compensation claim with the help and support of a specialist solicitor.

You are not alone - crush injuries account for a high percentage of work injuries

In the workplace, crush injuries account for 10% of non-fatal injuries and 18% of fatal work injuries (hse.gov.uk).

If you decide to make a crush injury claim, your personal injury solicitor will take you through every step of the claims process. Your solicitor will be with you until you win your claim and get the compensation you need to move forward.

Do I have a crush injury claim?

As a basic rule, you will be eligible to make an injury claim if you were injured:

  • in the last 3 years,
  • by someone elses actions or negligence, and
  • they owed you a duty of care.

Find out online if you can claim with our injury claim calculator. Alternatively, you can speak to a claims advisor on 0800 376 1001 and find out if you have a claim in minutes.

My injury was partly my fault - can I still claim?

Cases where the defendant and claimant are both partly to blame are actually quite commonplace in personal injury claims.

In our 2024 Personal Injury Claimant Survey, 13.99% of respondents believed they were partly responsible for their injuries, or were uncertain.

You can often still claim compensation even if you were partly to blame, as cases with shared fault usually settle with a split-liability agreement.

Read more:

Can I claim if I feel I was partly responsible for my accident?

How long after a crush injury do I have to start a claim?

In most cases, you have 3 years from the date of your accident or injury.

If you were injured when you were under 18, a parent, guardian or adult 'litigation friend' can make a claim on your behalf. Once you turn 18, you have until your 21st birthday to start an injury claim.

How much compensation can I claim for a crush injury?

The amount of money you could claim for your injury will depend on:

  • the seriousness of your injury, and
  • any financial losses or costs you have incurred.

At the start of your claim, your solicitor will consider the many ways your injuries have affected your life. Your solicitor will take these considerations into account to calculate the correct compensation award.

Crush injury compensation calculator

Get an accurate compensation estimate (including for multiple injuries), confirm your legal position, and check if you have a No Win, No Fee claim.

Updated April 2024 Compensation Calculator v3.04

General damages

General damages are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA).

Awards for general damages are set by the Judicial College (judiciary.uk) and published in their guidelines for personal injury awards.

How is compensation calculated if I have multiple injuries?

Special damages

Special damages are for financial losses and expenses you have incurred because of your accident. In addition to paying for loss of wages, commission and any other income income, special damages can cover any care costs and medical procedures you need, such as surgery, pain medication, debridement and fluid resuscitation.

Read more:

A complete list of recoverable losses in a personal injury claim

Can I claim compensation for a psychological injury?

Psychiatric harm is less obvious than physical injury, but the consequences can be just as difficult to deal with.

According to our 2024 Personal Injury Claimant Survey shows that 29.03% of potential claimants sustained a psychological injury, 70.97% of which related to a physical injury.

Crush injuries often trigger PTSD, as they are typically associated with traumatic and life-threatening situations.

Psychiatric harm is less obvious than physical injury, but the consequences can be just as difficult to deal with.

Our compensation calculator can estimate your compensation for psychological injuries. Or you can call us on 0800 376 1001 to speak to a specialist advisor.

Rehabilitation and long-term care for crush injuries

Recovery from crush injuries often requires extensive rehabilitation, including physical therapy to regain mobility and strength, and psychological counselling to address trauma.

Long-term care might involve ongoing treatment and support, adapting living spaces for accessibility, and potentially vocational rehabilitation for return to work. These services are vital for full recovery and quality of life post-injury.

Your solicitor will assist you with identifying the correct therapies and support services you will need for your recovery, and ensure that your compensation includes funding for this support.

Crush injury legislation

The legal framework around crush injuries involves workplace safety regulations and personal injury law. Employers are obligated to ensure a safe working environment under the Health and Safety at Work Act (hse.gov.uk).

When injuries occur due to negligence, victims have the right to seek compensation under personal injury law, which covers medical expenses, lost earnings, and pain and suffering.

Preventive measures and safety protocols

To prevent crush injuries, it's essential to establish safety protocols. In workplaces, this means regular equipment inspections, safety training, and clear hazard signage. For public events, organizers should implement effective crowd control and provide accessible emergency exits.

These measures can significantly mitigate the risk of injuries and ensure a safer environment for workers and the public.

If an employer or occupier of premises has failed in their duty to protect you, whether you are an employee or a member of the public, you may have a right to claim compensation.

What happened?

The process for a crush injury claim depends the circumstances of the accident. To learn more, click the icons below:

No win, no fee crush injury compensation claims

With no win, no fee, you can claim crush injury compensation without financial risk. If your claim isn't successful, you pay nothing. If you win, you only pay a pre-agreed percentage of your compensation.

Find out more about how no win, no fee claims work

Get expert advice now

Interested in talking to an injury specialist about your claim?

  • Calls are FREE
  • Confidential consultation
  • No obligation to claim

Call 0800 376 1001

Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 9:30am-5pm

or arrange a callback


Chris Salmon, Director

Chris Salmon, Director