Negligent decorator injury claims
Updated: October 8, 2018
Whether decorators are working within a domestic or commercial environment, they are obliged to do so in the safest manner possible. As professionals, they have a duty to complete their work in a way that does not endanger anyone in the vicinity. Decorators must follow basic health and safety procedures in order to prevent people from sustaining injuries.
Do I have a claim for a negligent decorator injury?
If you have suffered a negligent decorator injury in the last three years and someone else was to blame, then we can help you make a compensation claim.Back to top
What can go wrong if decorators do not take the proper precautions?
- You could slip on paint or paste that has been left on the floor this could cause you to fall and sustain broken bones or muscle damage
- Inhaling toxic fumes decorators should ensure that the area being treated is well ventilated to prevent illness
- Bearing the impact of an item being dropped by the decorator whilst working on a ladder this could cause concussion or even head injuries
- Tripping over tools, pots of paint or other pieces of kit if these items have been left lying around, people can break bones or suffer from sprains or bruises
- Fire exits being blocked by equipment this can result in people being unable to escape the building in the event of a fire or other emergency
Who is at fault if you are injured because of the actions of a decorator?
The decorator himself can be liable for your injury, however, may not have the necessary liability insurance covering accidents in a public place. In domestic properties, the landlord can be responsible for the actions or anyone he employs. Similarly, in commercial premises, such as shops, cafes or leisure facilities, the owners have a duty of care to their customers and members of the public in the area.Back to top
Calculate my negligent decorator injury compensation
The amount of compensation you will receive depends on a number of factors. Our personal injury compensation calculator provides an accurate estimate of your likely compensation.Back to top
Meet the team
Quittance Legal Services' nationwide panel of solicitors take on all types of personal injury claims and have a wealth of expertise with fast track, complex and serious injury claims. Our lawyers are chosen for their level of experience and their success rate in winning claims.
Click here to meet more of the QLS team.
About the author
With over 20 years' experience in the law, Jenny has spent the last decade specialising in personal injury, with a particular focus on industrial disease cases.
Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert
Start a no win, no fee claim
If you have been injured and would like to talk to us about making a claim, contact us now for a no obligation discussion. Our expert personal injury solicitors have a 90% success rate and are on hand to help you now.
Rakhi Chauhan secures £80,000 following a road collision with a lorry
The victim was forced off the road when a lorry driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Kevin Walker obtains £80,000 for a construction worker's catastrophic hand injury
The worker also recieved trauma-specialist physiotherapy, welfare advice and state-of-the-art prostheses.
Ask an expert
If you have any questions about the claims process or any aspect of injury compensation, let us know: