Why proactive solicitor communication is so critical
In a survey carried out by the Law Society, 45% of respondents said poor communication either prolonged or caused their home move to fall through. Why is proactive communication so critical when moving home?
Poor communication can slow down and even jeopardise your move
After an offer has been accepted, conveyancing solicitors coordinate the various parties in the buying and selling process, including buyers, sellers, agents and lenders. For the conveyancing process to be successful, keeping all of these parties in the loop is critical.
Some conveyancing solicitors have a reputation for being difficult to get hold of. Clients can be left wondering what is going on and wasting time chasing their solicitors for updates.
There are various surveys that offer some insight into the scale of the communication problem, including:
- A Law Society survey showed that 45% of people said poor communication prolonged their move.
- A Modern Law Magazine survey revealed that 1/4 of conveyancing complaints were about poor communication
- 1 in 3 respondents to a Veyo survey said they were not kept adequately informed by the lawyer.
- 50% of participants in an InfoTrack Poll referred to poor solicitor communication
- A Quittance market research survey revealed that 46% of people wanted better communication
Regulators are trying to improve firm communication
The Council for Licensed Conveyancers (CLC) is acutely aware of the importance of communication during the conveyancing process. The CLC Client Charter makes specific mention of tackling the problem.
The link between conveyancing speed and communication is clear. The already stressful process of moving home is exacerbated if you can't get hold of your solicitor.
A conveyancing service designed around communication.
Quittance Legal Services is a panel of conveyancing solicitors who prioritise proactive communication. In practice this means. Quittance offers extended opening hours - Mon-Fri 9am-8pm, Sat/Sun 10am-4pm.
You will be given your conveyancer's direct line and email. Online case tracking can be provided giving you 24/7 access to your case.
Your next step
If you are buying, selling, remortgaging or transferring equity in a home, we can help you find an expert conveyancing solicitor.
We work with a panel of specialist conveyancing solicitors to deliver a stress-free moving experience.
- No Move, No Fee Guarantee
- Fixed fee conveyancing service
- CQS-accredited panel solicitors
All-inclusive quote from £384 inc VAT
Puzzled by the
home selling process?
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I speed up the conveyancing process?
- What documents do I need when selling my home?
- What must a seller disclose when selling a property?
- How to (properly) compare conveyancing quotes
Get all the answers in our comprehensive FAQ section:See more FAQs