Transfer of whole registered title (TR1) form

The ‘Transfer of whole registered title(s)’ or ‘TR1’ form is an HM Land Registry (HMLR) form completed when either:

  • the whole title of a property is transferred
  • A property is being registered for the first time e.g. a new build property

If only a part of a property is being transferred a TP1 Form will need to be completed in place of the TR1.

The TR1 is usually completed by the seller’s conveyancing solicitor during the conveyancing process.

The TR1 is then signed by the seller between exchange of contracts and completion.

The TR1 must be signed for completion to occur.  In practice most conveyancing solicitors ask for the TR1 to be signed before exchange.

The TR1, TR2, TR3 and TP1 forms are often referred to as the ‘property transfer deeds’.

Download the TR1 form


Gaynor Haliday, Legal researcher

About the author

Gaynor Haliday is an experienced legal researcher and published author. She has had numerous articles published in the press and is a legal industry commentator.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert

Fixed-Fee Conveyancing All-inclusive Quote From £348

Get a quote

Ask a conveyancing expert

If you have any questions about getting a conveyancing quote or any aspect of the conveyancing process, let us know: