Registered title part transfer (TP1) form

The Registered title(s): part transfer form or TP1 form is the form you will need to use if you are transferring only part of your ownership in a property.

For example, this is the form you would use if you wanted to transfer a 50% share to your spouse or partner.

The TP1 form sets out all the information about the transfer, including how much of the property is being transferred, and who is receiving the share (the new joint owner).

The process is more complicated if you have a mortgage on the property, because the lender will need to be contacted to complete a Discharge of part (DS3) form. A conveyancing solicitor can assist with this process.

You should also use the TP1 form if you are transferring part of a property to someone else. A common example of this is where you own a house with a garden or driveway, and you want to sell part of the garden or driveway to a neighbour.

Download the TP1 form.

Gaynor Haliday, Legal researcher

About the author

Gaynor Haliday is an experienced legal researcher and published author. She has had numerous articles published in the press and is a legal industry commentator.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert

Fixed-Fee Conveyancing All-inclusive Quote From £348

Get a quote

Ask a conveyancing expert

If you have any questions about getting a conveyancing quote or any aspect of the conveyancing process, let us know: