Contents insurance

When you own a property, you will need contents insurance to protect the contents of the property.

A contents insurance policy will usually cover any of your possessions in your home, from ovens and washing machines, to curtains and laptops. However, the full list of what is covered and what is not covered will depend on the terms of the policy.

Contents insurance does not usually include fixed parts of the property itself, such as fitted kitchens, doors and windows. Like a home's roof, floors and walls, these permanent features are normally covered by buildings insurance.

Gaynor Haliday, Legal researcher

About the author

Gaynor Haliday is an experienced legal researcher and published author. She has had numerous articles published in the press and is a legal industry commentator.

Read more about this Quittance Legal Expert

Fixed-Fee Conveyancing All-inclusive Quote From £348

Get a quote

Ask a conveyancing expert

If you have any questions about getting a conveyancing quote or any aspect of the conveyancing process, let us know: