Application to Change the Register (AP1) form

The Application to Change the Register (AP1) form is used to notify HM Land Registry of changes to your property's legal title.

These changes commonly include events like adding a spouse or partner to your property's deeds, or removing someone from the deeds following death or divorce.

Read more: A step-by-step DIY guide to transferring equity in a property.

This form will also be used where a part of the property is changing hands; for example, selling part of your driveway or garden to a neighbour.

There are other forms and evidence that must also be submitted to HM Land Registry when using the AP1 form.

Given the AP1 form's complexity and the risks associated with making a mistake, you should always get legal advice from a conveyancing solicitor when making changes to your property's registered title.

You can download a copy of the AP1 form from HM Land Registry:

Gaynor Haliday, Legal researcher

Gaynor Haliday, Legal researcher