Certificate of Identity for a private individual (ID1) form

The ID1 form is the application form completed in order to prove your identity when lodging an application to HM Land Registry.

Specifically it will need to be completed by anyone making any of the following applications to HM Land Registry:

  • Property transfers (whether in full or in part).
  • Transfers and deeds relating to the appointment or retirement of trustees.
  • The registration of a new or modified lease
  • A registered charges (e.g a mortgage lender will want to register a preferential charge)
  • A discharge of a charge in form DS1 (Used by the mortgage lender to evidence that a mortgage has been paid off).
  • A release of a charge in form DS3 when part of a property or land is released from charge.
  • When a lease is surrendered

You can download a copy of the ID1 form here:

Gaynor Haliday, Legal researcher

Gaynor Haliday, Legal researcher