We have put together a list of the questions most frequently asked by people looking to transfer equity in a property.
Transfer of Equity FAQs
- Do I need a solicitor to add a spouse or partner to the property deeds?
- Do I need a solicitor to remove my Ex from the property deeds?
- How are property shares split when transferring equity?
- What if the property is leasehold?
- How do I remove someone from a property deed?
Tax and Valuation
- How do I transfer equity in a property with a mortgage?
- Should I tell my lender if transferring equity in my home?
- Can I do a DIY transfer of equity in my property?
- How do I transfer equity in a second home?
- How does the transfer of equity process work?
- How much does it cost to transfer equity in a property?
- Why would I need to transfer equity?
- How long does a transfer of equity take?
- What happens when the transfer of equity is complete?
Do you know your TR1 form from your TP1? Ever heard of Private Residence Relief? Transfer of Equity conveyancing will introduce you to a new world of unusual terminology.
Find more information about key conveyancing and property terms in the Conveyancing Glossary.