selling a property?
We have put together a list of the conveyancing questions most frequently asked by people looking to sell a property property.
Selling a property FAQs
- Freeholder disputes - What do I need to do to sell my home?
- Share of freehold flats - What should I do before selling?
- Short leases - How do I sell a short-lease flat?
- What do I need to do before selling a leasehold flat?
Conveyancing Process for Sellers
- All-inclusive conveyancing quotes - How do I check what's included?
- Finding the best conveyancer or solicitor - How do I choose?
- How do I speed up the conveyancing process?
- How long does conveyancing take?
- Instructing a conveyancing solicitor - When is the best time to instruct?
- Should I use an online conveyancer?
- Should I use the estate agent's recommended solicitor?
- Solicitors and licensed conveyancers - What is the difference?
- What do I need to know about conveyancing for my sale in 2021?
- Estate agent contracts - Can I get out of an agent contract?
- Estate agent contracts - What should I check before signing?
Complications and Disputes
- Boundary disputes - What should I do before selling my home?
- Flooding - How do I sell a home with historic flooding issues?
- Flying freeholds - What to do before selling?
- Japanese knotweed - How do I sell an affected property?
- Neighbour disputes - What should I do before selling my home?
- Noisy neighbours - What should I do before selling my home?
- Selling a home without building regulations approval - What should I do?
- Selling a home without planning permission - What should I do?
- Subsidence - What do I need to do before selling?
- Tenanted property - What do I need to know before selling?
Selling my Home
- Broken property chains - What do I do next?
- Estate agent tricks of the trade - What do I need to know?
- Gazundering - How do I avoid it when selling my home?
- I have an offer on my house but nowhere to buy - what do I do?
- Multiple estate agents - Should I sell my home through multiple agents?
- My home has been on the market a while - what can I do?
- Online estate agents - What are the risks?
- Quick sale companies - What do I need to check?
- What must I disclose when selling my property?
- What should I know about selling a home in a buyer's market?
- When is the best time of year to sell my home?
Money and Tax
- Am I paying more council tax than I should be?
- Capital Gains Tax - Will I have to pay Capital Gains Tax when I sell my home?
- Comparing offers - Is the highest offer always the best?
- How can I save money when buying or selling a home?
- How do I choose the best offer when selling my home?
- Valuing a property - How do I get an accurate valuation?
Forms and Dcoumentation
- Electrical completion certificates - Can I sell my home without one?
- What documents do I need when selling my home?
Energy and Environmental
Do you know your TA6 from your TA7? Selling a home can introduce you to a new world of terminology.
Find more information about key conveyancing and property terms in the Conveyancing Glossary.