Stamp duty calculator


Royal Tunbridge Wells conveyancing FAQs

What are the council tax bands in Tunbridge Wells Borough Council?

Royal Tunbridge Wells is situated in Tunbridge Wells Borough Council. Council tax bands in 2019 are as follows:

Band Tunbridge Wells Borough Council Tax (2018/19)
A £1139.43
B £1329.34
C £1519.24
D £1709.15
E £2088.96
F £2468.77
G £2848.58
H £3418.30

Read more:

Are you paying more council tax than you should be?

How much are conveyancing fees for buying or selling a home in Royal Tunbridge Wells?

Conveyancing fees are made up of 2 parts: legal fees and disbursements.

Conveyancing disbursements are the costs payable as part of a conveyancing transaction, incurred on your behalf, for example Stamp Duty or leasehold management packs. Legal fees are for the work your solicitor carries out for you.

Your solicitor's legal fees for buying or selling a house in Royal Tunbridge Wells are fixed, meaning for a standard conveyancing transaction, what we quote is what you pay

Calculate the conveyancing fees for your Royal Tunbridge Wells sale or purchase

Our online conveyancing fees calculator gives you a detailed fixed fee quote including all of the legal costs involved in buying and selling your home.

Read more:

How much should conveyancing fees cost in 2019?

I'm buying a property in Royal Tunbridge Wells - what searches do I need?

The standard search pack will include:

  • Official or Regulated Local Authority Search
  • Regulated Drainage and Water Search
  • Environmental Search
  • Chancel liability insurance

Sometimes the location of the property will warrant further searches , for example a mining search.

To see the price of searches on a Royal Tunbridge Wells purchase use our online conveyancing costs calculator.

Read more:

What are conveyancing searches when buying a home and do I need them?

How long does leasehold conveyancing take?

The vast majority of flats are leasehold. There are also an estimated 1 million leasehold houses throughout the country. Buying a leasehold home typically takes longer than a freehold house as there is more work involved and there are more parties involved.

Varied factors, such as an unreachable freeholder or slow delivery of managing agents' documents, can lead to serious delays.

Quittance's expert leasehold solicitors handle hundreds of leasehold transactions a month, and our proactive approach can mean faster conveyancing.

I am selling a leasehold property in Royal Tunbridge Wells - what do I need to know?

Conveyancing for a leasehold property is a great deal more time-consuming than it is for a freehold home.

Leasehold complexity involves additional tasks on the part of conveyancing solicitors in Royal Tunbridge Wells, and this could include requesting the latest service charge and ground rent statement, through to ensuring that leasehold forms are completed.

In order to resolve any leasehold difficulties faster, It is recommended that you instruct a property lawyer as soon as possible.

I am buying a new build property in Royal Tunbridge Wells - what do I need to know?

The conveyancing process for purchasing a new build property in Royal Tunbridge Wells is more complicated than buying an existing property.

A solicitor in Royal Tunbridge Wells must be able to deal with things like handling equity loan schemes, investigating road and drainage issues and .

Our award-winning team of new build solicitors are experts in representing buyers to achieve the best outcome and working to tight developer deadlines.

Read more:

Buying a new build property off plan - what you need to know.

What you need to check before buying a new build home.

I am remortgaging a property in Royal Tunbridge Wells - do I need a solicitor?

Yes you will need a solicitor to handle the legal side of the remortgage.

The official UK base rate is currently set at 0.1% (Jan 2021). A proactive conveyancing solicitor in Royal Tunbridge Wells will complete the conveyancing process quickly and get you into your new rate.

Our conveyancing team can act for most UK lenders, so whether you are you are moving to a flexible mortgage with the Co-operative Bank or to a capped-rate mortgage with the Bank of Ireland, our remortgage specialists can help.

Check your solicitor can act for your lender

Calculate my conveyancing fees