Stamp duty calculator


Local information

Flintshire is a county in North Wales, bordering Cheshire. Often described as the gateway to Wales, the area historically formed part of the Welsh Marches, an area of conflict between the Welsh and English.

Flintshire consists mainly of market towns and villages surrounded by rolling countryside, the largest town being Connah's Quay, with other major centres including Mold, Flint and Buckley.

With good rail and road links to all parts of the UK, the county is home to some major engineering and internet companies. Affordable house prices and peaceful rural living have added to Flintshire's popularity with families.

Flintshire conveyancing FAQs

How much council tax must I pay for a property in Flintshire County Council?

Flintshire is situated in Flintshire County Council. Council tax bands in 2019 are as follows:

Band Flintshire County Council Tax (2018/19)
A £986.88
B £1151.36
C £1315.84
D £1480.32
E £1809.28
F £2138.24
G £2467.20
H £2960.64
I £3454.08

Read more:

Are you paying more council tax than you should be?

How much are conveyancing fees for buying or selling a home in Flintshire?

Conveyancing fees are made up of 2 parts: the solicitor's legal and disbursements.

Conveyancing disbursements are the third-party costs paid out on your behalf, e.g. Land Registry fees and indemnity policies. Legal fees are for the work your solicitor carries out for you.

Our fees for buying or selling a house in Flintshire are fixed, so your fixed fee conveyancing quote will have no additional fees

Calculate the conveyancing fees for your Flintshire move

Our online conveyancing fees calculator gives you a detailed fixed fee quote with a detailed breakdown of all fees, costs and disbursements for your Flintshire sale or purchase.

Read more:

How much should conveyancing fees cost in 2019?

Will I need property searches when buying a property in Flintshire?

Property searches are questions submitted to a number of authorities by Flintshire conveyancing solicitors to identify issues affecting the home you want to buy. Lenders also usually require conveyancing searches to be purchased.

Read more:

What are conveyancing searches when buying a home and do I need them?

I am buying a leasehold property in Flintshire - what do I need to know?

Buying a leasehold flat in the UK is significantly more complex than buying a freehold property. The numerous common problems awaiting the unsuspecting purchaser can include legally technical issues like undisclosed major works and freeholds sold without first refusal to leaseholders.

An experienced leasehold conveyancer will look into all potential issues with the lease and report back to you.

Read more:

What you need to know about buying a leasehold property

Should I be wary of buying a leasehold house?

Should I buy a property with a short lease?

Does sale conveyancing take longer for leasehold?

Yes, compared to freehold conveyancing. Sale conveyancing for leasehold properties typically takes longer.

The buyer's conveyancer will want to see several leasehold-related documents. These could include three years' filed accounts for the property management and a copy of buildings insurance for the common parts of the property. Typically, delays are due to the time it takes your lawyer to gather this paperwork.

It can take weeks to collect this information if the managing agent or landlord is slow or difficult to contact, so your conveyancing solicitor should start this process as soon as possible.

Read more:

Selling a leasehold flat? What to do before going on the market

Will I need a conveyancing solicitor if I am remortgaging my Flintshire property?

Yes you will need a solicitor to handle the legal side of the remortgage.

The base rate is now at 0.1% (Jul 2020). A good Flintshire remortgage solicitor will complete the conveyancing process quickly and get you into your new rate.

Conveyancers on the panel for all major lenders - so whether you are you are moving to an offset mortgage with the Co-operative Bank or to a capped-rate mortgage with the Manchester Building Society, our remortgage specialists can help.

Check your solicitor can act for your lender

Calculate my conveyancing fees